Custom Map #546: Battle for Saturn. By: Sprengstoff

Started by AutoPost, January 16, 2017, 05:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #546: Battle for Saturn

Author: Sprengstoff
Size: 448x252

Desc:
The Red Flood is floating in our home solar system...

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ChaosMaster130

Now that was a fun map. Kudos for also coming up with all those custom ships and naming them in a organized manner  8)
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Stickman

That map is fantastic!

It's a great epic battle, with almost constant pressure. Impressive variety of ships (I think I haven't seen two identical ships in my possession, and that with all 24 slots filled!) that work together quite well. Map layout is visually impressive. Good gameplay variety and map progression. Absolutely 10/10!

Map felt a bit backwards in terms of difficulty, with most tight moments around the first 10-20 minutes. Final stages provide many overpowered vehicles to the point of just steamrolling last part of the map. Can't think of anything else to nitpick.
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

D0m0nik

Wow on the visuals, amazingly beautiful map. Great gameplay throughout although I again agree with stickman (twice in one day, starting to feel like Stickman's shadow  :o) it gets easier as you progress to the point that the end is a little bit routine, more of a clear up than a big finish. Top notch map though, really great work.

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on January 20, 2017, 05:28:29 PM
Wow on the visuals, amazingly beautiful map. Great gameplay throughout although I again agree with stickman (twice in one day, starting to feel like Stickman's shadow  :o) it gets easier as you progress to the point that the end is a little bit routine, more of a clear up than a big finish. Top notch map though, really great work.

+1. 
10/10. Great game!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Vexorg

what is the strategy for this map?  I have a pocket established in the lower left, but cant break out.

GoodMorning

An interesting map, with an unusually good balance. (Unusual: the inability to instantly construct every ship in the fleet from provided power).

To expand from the lower-left:
Spoiler

The mine on the right (near the central bodies) can be taken for a power boost. Amping mine energy can be helpful.
Omnis up the middle between the particle streams are the fast way to expand upward.
Be sure to lathe the derelicts before they trigger. This can also provide useful opportunity for your Omnis/fleet.

Thereafter, you will have the power to run a full defence and to press rightward on most of the map.

You can also sneak some Omnis to the back of the planet, gaining those mines and a large ship. Be warned; you will need not less than two waves of Omnis, as at least one will be lost to the mire spawners.
[close]

A good progression, I hope to play more such maps in the future.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

tanelorn

Sorry, it may be winnable, but it's by such a narrow margin I'm not interested. I'm assaulted by such a massive amount of particulate+ that I just stopped playing after enough stalemate.