Custom Map #518: Struc Flood. By: CreativeName

Started by AutoPost, January 06, 2017, 03:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #518: Struc Flood

Author: CreativeName
Size: 380x260

Desc:
The particulate is flooding the system with struc makers (those little red balls) and are using cargo carriers to carry ore from ore mines (cyan balls). Either hold off the cargo ships, destroy the struc generators or destroy the ore mines. Included planetfalls custom modules because why not.

chwooly

is this supposed to do nothing? I have V1.03.b2 and this  map shows Corp HQ destroyed and shows Varro HQ at 0% built, There are no mines that are producing due to no active HQ. I have let it run for over 5 mins and nothing happens other then some dopples are built and destroyed.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

The mine is already built, it should built the HQ on its own

GoodMorning

Version issue. V updated the HQ to only run mines after it is built.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

chwooly

I got it to work by turning off beta on steam and going with non-beta version 1.02.

Good Map, I enjoyed playing it.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

3301, could you re-upload with the new version? It will save future headaches.

How do you get that new version?

Also is there any way to make the HQ not lost forever after you enable loss on HQ destroyed?

GoodMorning

If you use Steam, you can enable the beta- version, otherwise, there's a new one coming in a few days.

deathman

Quote from: 3301 on January 08, 2017, 03:02:33 PM
How do you get that new version?

Also is there any way to make the HQ not lost forever after you enable loss on HQ destroyed?

HGi 3301, do you have any updates on this map? Can't play it :(

GoodMorning

I'm backdating my Steam copy now, but I think we might eventually have to redact this one, and re-upload a fixed version.

Edit: Given that I had forgotten how long a version change can take, this will definitely need a fix and/or a re-upload. I don't know if V has a way to change the build status of the HQ and then overwrite the map GUID in the new save (probably not, hash generation).

Edit 2: Having played it, and waiting for the game to update again, I will say that it needs a coating of graphics before re-upload. I also think that the unplayable (in the general version) edition should be redacted to prevent confusion and frustration.

reddwarf12

I'm trying to go through all the maps in the Exchange, so it's like a splinter if there's an unplayable map still on the field. Also, it's kind of annoying to start playing several times, figure there's a trick, try to figure out the trick, etc., only to discover the map is defunct.

Johnny Haywire

Aye, agreed. It's one of those annoying things like when someone is typing out what seems to be an interesting sentence but then they
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

toolforger