[BUG] Rock Burning and mouse buttons

Started by strigvir, September 29, 2016, 11:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strigvir

I've changed middle click to drag the map and RMB to deselect in the options. This layout doesn't allow to remove rock burning markings: middle click does nothing and RMB deselects the tool.

GoodMorning

If you are going to rebind over existing command keys, there is only so much we can do for you.

That said, you could request a rebinding option for rock burner clearing. But it's a circular problem, eventually.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

I think he's asking for the game to recognize 3rd button on some mice. Fair request.

strigvir

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 29, 2016, 11:58:57 PM
If you are going to rebind over existing command keys, there is only so much we can do for you.

That said, you could request a rebinding option for rock burner clearing. But it's a circular problem, eventually.
You are saying like I edited some config files, when in reality "rebinding" was 5 clicks at most.
It either should follow rebinded scheme or ignore it and use whatever is written in tooltip. And no, I wasn't talking about custom mouse buttons.

GoodMorning

No, I meant "rebinding" as synonymous with using the "change hotkeys" option.

If you wish r-click to be "cancel", what do you want "remove tag" to be?

I was suggesting an option to use, say, ctrl-Rclick (or some other customised command) for tag removal.

Xeneonic

I'd like to join strigvir on his point.

I have the same setup, and I did this with Creeper World 3 as well. Right click is bound to cancel/deselect there as well. When I terraform with terps, right clicking cancels the terraform. When I rockburn, right clicking deselects the unit instead of canceling the rock burn.

So this is an inconsistency, I'd suggest the "cancel/deselect" to only cancel the rockburning area while in that mode, and not toggle the rockburning feature off.

I'm not sure if this is understandable at all, it must seem very vague. I can show some screenshots with identical bindings between cw3 and PFE if it can help clear up some of the confusion?

knucracker

I've made a note in my work log and will get this taken care of...
You are right that right click is expected for remove rock burning, so that creates a problem if you bind right click to cancel.

Xeneonic

Quote from: virgilw on September 30, 2016, 02:18:32 PM
I've made a note in my work log and will get this taken care of...
You are right that right click is expected for remove rock burning, so that creates a problem if you bind right click to cancel.
Sorry for being such a headache with this, my old RTS roots have firmed deeply in the "one mouse button selects, the other deselects" method (warcraft 1, C&C, KKND and their sequels, maybe you feel similarly if you are an oldschool rts fan too  :) )

GoodMorning

Sadly, my RTS default is right click to move, left for all selections. So C&C was the initially counterintuitive one.

Xeneonic

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 30, 2016, 08:41:56 PM
Sadly, my RTS default is right click to move, left for all selections. So C&C was the initially counterintuitive one.
I do feel it is a lot easier to adapt to that than using space or esc to deselect. Also, this means you probably played sc1 before c&c. But I digress ;)