Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #60: The Last Stand V2

Author: ShadowAngel
Size: 256x144

Desc:
Can you hold your last fort?

D0m0nik

Wow, that was quite a battle. May be a bit tough for many palyers, def a hard map.

Spoiler

The top left two emitters and the bottom two are both flip emitters and can be easily taken.
The 4 little sqaures of land are for Omnis, use them!
I held the centre with the big fella supported by a couple of Wolfs. I sent everything else along the bottom edge, don't try to push up, just across until you can get omins on the island bottom right.
I used Cruisers as snow ploughs to get the omnis to the island. Once on the island you can take out 3 more emitters and the map starts to get easier.
[close]

chwooly

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 26, 2016, 11:05:06 AM
Wow, that was quite a battle. May be a bit tough for many palyers, def a hard map.

Spoiler

The top left two emitters and the bottom two are both flip emitters and can be easily taken.
The 4 little sqaures of land are for Omnis, use them!
I held the centre with the big fella supported by a couple of Wolfs. I sent everything else along the bottom edge, don't try to push up, just across until you can get omins on the island bottom right.
I used Cruisers as snow ploughs to get the omnis to the island. Once on the island you can take out 3 more emitters and the map starts to get easier.
[close]

Haha, I did the same but managed to lose my "Star Base" and it takes forever to rebuild, Also for all those that say Omni's are overpowered I must have lost 50 of them trying to get 1 piece of land.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

jaworeq

Quote from: chwooly on September 26, 2016, 11:44:52 AM
Haha, I did the same but managed to loose my "Star Base" and it takes forever to rebuild, Also for all those that say Omni's are overpowered I must have lost 50 of them trying to get 1 piece of land.
Yeah, to take it over - you could lose 50. But you only need 4 to get each emitter, after which taking mid gets easier. Omni still OP. Ship with 6 lathes super OP, even if it's that slow :P

Fireball14

Haha, I did the same but managed to loose my "Star Base" and it takes forever to rebuild, Also for all those that say Omni's are overpowered I must have lost 50 of them trying to get 1 piece of land.
Wow i'm impressed, that you managed to survive there  :)
Anyhow i'm glad you liked it. Il try to make even more harder map next time  ;D

mzimmer74

That was a battle and a half and I obviously missed some easier way of playing it!  Great map!
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

chwooly

Quote from: jaworeq on September 26, 2016, 12:55:03 PM
Yeah, to take it over - you could lose 50. But you only need 4 to get each emitter, after which taking mid gets easier. Omni still OP. Ship with 6 lathes super OP, even if it's that slow :P

I don't think any more balance needs to be done at the moment,

But I still think the omnis are where they need to be at. They are extremely vulnerable when flying anywhere. Mine cannons, missiles, enemy structure and emergents can still kill them very easily.   Once landed if there are any particles hitting the land, an enemy mire or I believe even an enemy mine it takes a while with many destroyed before they get to mire a landing spot, For those map makers that feel they are overpowered then limit how many you have on a map but to nerf them imho in any way would throw off the balance unfavorably especially for those players that are at best mediocre. (yes I include myself in that category)

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

I have seen an Omni take multiple (depleted?) MK7 hits to the "face", flying, and survive...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.