Just a post for saying 'oh blimey this is great!'

Started by D0m0nik, September 15, 2016, 12:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D0m0nik

Wasn't sure where to post this but having great fun, nothing constructive to add yet, just getting to grips with it but hugely exciting.

I found it highly amusing that the first missions had Alter Old as the fastest time, it's just a simple tutorial but he's already bossing it!

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

I'm working through on micromanagement 1/2 speed (which looked like oddly-placed 4x for a while). So far the dynamic is strikingly different from CW3, with some tight similarities. Once I have tested the strategies and found what works, I'll bump that up to 4x, as for CW3.

That's much the same for me. Nothing much that is very constructive, only tweaks around the edges.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 15, 2016, 12:34:26 PM
What do you expect from Alter. He's insane!

A small (selfish!) part of me secretly hoped Alter Old wouldn't like Particle Fleet - or at least fail to make the transition.

So that there would be hope for the rest of us at the top of the tables....

>:(

Oh well.

Welcome to Particle Fleet, Alter Old!

Show us how it's done!

;D
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

D0m0nik

Well for now you and Planetfall are bossing the tables on the missions, your time on 'Brute' has boggled my mind!

There is a lot to learn, I feel that in terms of tactics this game has a huge amount of depth.

Xalos

I'm very much hyped for Particle Fleet's release! ;D

I'll probably play the demo to the exclusion of everything else when it comes out. :D

D0m0nik

Yeah to be honest its causing me mjaor problems. I am currently crazy busy at regular work, crazy busy in new business and have a house fill of builders. On top of that I need to cram in a min of 3 hrs on this new game, leaves about 3.5 hrs for sleeping hence the typos. Liefs tuogh!

harrymcb

To start off I do not have a pre release. I have played all the CW games and love them all. The only bad thing with this game is that i didn't get it early ;D. And for the record Virgil is my favorite dev. ever. He even replied to a question I had on making my own game! You won't get that anywhere else. Just talking about what I've seen in the videos I think the biggest difference is that in all the other games your units are ALL priceless. There was very little suicide runs. This game one of the first things I'm going to do is make what I've already dubbed "the sledgehammer". It is simple enough it may already exist though. It will basically be a max armor max size hull with shields. I might include some other small defenses like particle cannons. I am just very excited.