Custom Map #3884: Extra Long Bridge. By: BermanPost

Started by AutoPost, August 26, 2016, 02:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3884: Extra Long Bridge

Author: BermanPost
Size: 256x87

Desc:
EXPERT ONLY Spores coming in quick. Digitalis with Runners on the march. Hold out, push back, and then use the remnants of the Emitter to make your final assault.

D0m0nik

Please make more maps, this was excellant. The start is very difficult if you want to keep the forward starting point but very possible.

Loren Pechtel

Apparently I'm not an expert.  I can't build enough energy to stop all the spores.

RrR

Quote from: D0m0nik on August 26, 2016, 01:22:28 PM
Please make more maps, this was excellent. The start is very difficult if you want to keep the forward starting point but very possible.

What to you mean by the forward starting point. I started on the left and only just had enough energy to fend off the spores and then stop the digitalis. Mid and end game are much easier

D0m0nik

I meant starting on the right of the three left islands. Safe would be to start on the far left island.

ChaosMaster130

Phhh. just 1 island? I took all 3 at the start  ;D
Though I did have to temporarily retreat from the far right one till I got my reactor farm up.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

GoodMorning

I clearly haven't played aggressively enough, or practiced doing so. Therefore, I need to play more maps like this one.

The Turtle Way
I took the left, then carpeted it in Reactors and shipped in AC. One Forge and eight Berthas cutting the Digi later, I got around to taking the middle and then the right islands. The last one (with the AETs) required me to wait around while a new assault force built, because using tiny little fractal charges had lost interest. Nanotechnology and very large fractal charges are more fun.
[close]

What would the more aggressive strategy be?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

D0m0nik

I started on the right of the three islands and then covered all three in collectors, built 4 cannons and 6 reactors plus about 8 beams before the first wave hit. Forge can wait 4 or 5 minutes as it will drain power.

Johnny Haywire

Interesting map!

Since I don't like to save or pause if possible, I decided to do it a "safe" way. Takes a good bit longer but there's no way you'll die unless your dog bites your leg and you forget to hit "pause" before driving to the emergency room. Or something like that happens.

Again, this is NOT the "best" way to do the map. It's just a way you can do the map without pausing, although you might need to play on 1x or pause in order to "juggle" the AC sprayers. That is, if you like that sorta thing.

Need a hint?
Spoiler
There are several items that are very useful at the start that spores will NOT target:
1) Sprayers
2) Beams
3) Forge

I built about 30 sprayers and 50-60 beams.
[close]

Need more hints?
Spoiler
The two AC emitters outproduce the central emitter by a whole whoppin' lot. 10-to-1 in fact. You just need to get all that AC goodness to those islands. And since there's really no limit to how many sprayers you can have just move groups of 9-10 back and forth from the AC island to one of the creeper islands. You can easily make 2 safe zones for your CN's to land and power the totems. Once you've upgraded your energy & weapons however high you need to in order to feel safe (since saving the game makes things less fun), just build like 100 beams (again, you want to feel safe right?) and once they're in place you can start building your power grid."
[close]

So yeah, it takes a while... but players on just about any skill level should be able to do this ok using this overly-cautious method.

Oh, almost forgot... BONUS idea!

Spoiler
You can fly your CN over the AC emitters and build a cannon right near each emitter. This makes spores angry and they will attack them but be unable to destroy them since they're buried under lotsa AC. This won't distract ALL the spores but hey, every little bit helps, right?
[close]
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?