Custom Map #3855: Make It Rain. By: Rhadamante

Started by AutoPost, August 16, 2016, 10:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3855: Make It Rain

Author: Rhadamante
Size: 126x126

Desc:
Ancient weather controlling devices corrupted by the Loki awaits Lia and Skars on this planet. Beware the rains of creeper. A pretty easy and straightforward map with several ways to win. #CRPL #CustomEnemy #NoDigitalis #NoSporesButYouStillGonnaNeedThoseBeams

Rhadamante

Since I was finally satisfied with the Creeper Rain script, I decided to make a little map focusing solely on it. The map is pretty straightforward : cores to destroy, each creating rain over itself in different patterns/timers.

The rain script is simple too and comes with several options (zone size, intensity, rain pattern, timers, etc.).

D0m0nik

Colderwolf made a series with a rain script but it was not affected by beams and did not have the variation in pattern which is very cool.

I played it without beams by mistake first go, it is possible once build speed is fully upgraded and is a better game as you take advantage of each different pattern to win the game, more skill is needed.

Rhadamante

Quote from: D0m0nik on August 16, 2016, 12:03:33 PMI played it without beams by mistake first go, it is possible once build speed is fully upgraded and is a better game as you take advantage of each different pattern to win the game, more skill is needed.

Whether the drops are targeted by beams or not is one of the options available, but I didn't want to make a first map too hard or too complex. This could change if I make another one or if I include the script along other fun things.

Kudos for doing it the hard way.

D0m0nik

I enjoyed it both ways, you could do some really cool things with this. Can you have some rain affected by beam and some without in the same map? Could make a tactically very interesting map.

Rhadamante

Quote from: D0m0nik on August 16, 2016, 04:37:35 PMCan you have some rain affected by beam and some without in the same map?

Yes, each core has a Rain.crpl with its own options. It should even be possible to change these options mid-game.
There's also a variable called healthfactor that changes how much health the drops gets per unit of creeper so it's possible to make the beams more/less effective without changing anything else.

TimeWeaver

For some reason I kept humming Prince songs while playing this one.