Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3831: map 142 BIG PAC

Author: yum234
Size: 200x160

Desc:
#PlayAsCreeper #GoodLuck

GoodMorning

There are so many units in this one that lag interferes with UI, even on 1x. (For me, that is.)

My strategy:
Spoiler

1. Push your way to the open bit in the lower left.
2. Get the PZs from the Reactors.
3. Add so many Spores you can punch through the shields on the hill.
4. Lower left corner, Emitters make it faster but are not required.
5. More Spores, straight at each Command node until every Beam on the map is exhausted. CNs go back to orbit.
6. Set spores to random and have lunch while it cleans up for you, skipping the micromanagement...
7. There really are too many Spores.
8. Once you can use Spores, you do. They're easier, and only two units can fight them.
9. The CNs are lost permanently. Straight for the Command Node. What other way is there? (with enough Spores...)
[close]
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

alfanugan

I really enjoyed this epic PAC map and didn't experience interface lag!  I didn't find a thread where to request maps (GoD), but I would like to request a sequel to this.  Thank you!
/\lways (oca(ola

yum-forum

Quote from: alfanugan on August 07, 2016, 01:30:50 PM
I really enjoyed this epic PAC map and didn't experience interface lag!  I didn't find a thread where to request maps (GoD), but I would like to request a sequel to this.  Thank you!

No thread. In any map discussion anybody can desire sequel.
Your comments counted as first desire for GOD-09 (BIGPAC-2).

Thank You for comments. You are welcome!  :) 
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

RealAndy

Amazing map, well done.

I got stuck a bit near the start, just couldn't get across a void.  Ended up having to erase digitalis, then make a digitalis path from the bug generator to the area I needed to get across, and when the bugs got shot they released enough creeper to bridge the void.

Loved some of the huge spore attacks once I had enough.

Loren Pechtel

All the voids make this a challenge for quite a while.  In the end, though, the sky was practically blue with spores--and I had my emitter at 1900 besides.  The spores got so thick that I set them to random fire because any possible target would just get too much piled on it.  The map ended not long after that, even PZ-beams couldn't stop them.

chwooly

I have to agree with GM, There was just too much Lag.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

(Note: I still enjoyed this. A big PaC map and reasonable opposition means that Abraxis.crpl is doing a very significant amount of work, so it needs a lot of processing.)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

yum-forum

Quote from: RealAndy on August 08, 2016, 09:08:46 AM
Amazing map, well done.

I got stuck a bit near the start, just couldn't get across a void.  Ended up having to erase digitalis, then make a digitalis path from the bug generator to the area I needed to get across, and when the bugs got shot they released enough creeper to bridge the void.

Loved some of the huge spore attacks once I had enough.

Thank You for good post!  :)

I also like huge spore attacks in the end of game.  ;)
last

yum-forum

Quote from: chwooly on August 10, 2016, 06:36:09 PM
I have to agree with GM, There was just too much Lag.

My computer very old, but with speed 1X it was not problem with lag. Maybe a little slow in comparison with small maps.
Sorry...
last

thrynae

As most of the time: a really difficult start followed by a really enjoyable map, forcing you to try different strategies.
Thanks yum

yum-forum

Quote from: thrynae on September 05, 2016, 11:07:22 AM
As most of the time: a really difficult start followed by a really enjoyable map, forcing you to try different strategies.
Thanks yum

Thank You for comment!  :)

Yes. I usually try to create some tricky (but doable for everybody!) start. And for me interesting games with multi-variant strategies.
last