What Sleeper Unit(s) Do?

Started by Zoura3025, August 07, 2016, 02:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoura3025

So this is probably a pretty stupid question but - What does each Sleeper unit do? I think I saw this in a post but it is very old with few units. Here is what I know of the Sleeper's Arsenal:

Sleeper: The "Command Node" of the Sleepers.

Collector: Weak creeper producer.

Ore Mine: Much stronger version of the collector, but must be built on ore deposits.

Totem Siphon: Gathers aether from totems, using it to unlock units.

Pulse Cannon: Shoots bullets of creeper at player units (and anti-creeper?)

Mortar: Very powerful defensive unit. Long range, slow, and disperses a lot of creeper.

Beam: Attacks aerial units.

Terp: Creates digitalis growth area in a circle around it.

Shield: Repels anti-creeper and draws in creeper.

Strafer (Base): Aerial unit that attempts to attack player structure units (Collectors, relays, etc.)

Sniper: Shoots powerful shots at units.

And now, the units I think exist but have no idea what they do:

Forge: Unlocks units? Shoots creeper tornado? Draws power from totem siphons?

Reactor: Expensive but powerful creeper producer?

Bertha: Super powerful, infinite range mortar?

Nullifier: Nullifies AC emitters?

Sprayer: Very powerful unit, disperses a lot of creeper.

Guppy: Gathers creeper than disperses it elsewhere?

Bomber: Much more powerful but slower strafer?

Siphon: Draws creeper from resource packs?

And finally: My ideas for units

Relay: Produces creeper but also repels it, dispersing creeper over a wide area quickly.

Thanks in advance for the help and have a great day!
~~Zoura
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"

GoodMorning

Broadly correct, but:

The Titans and a few others have been made by Nicant/Creepermind, who also modified a few behaviours.

The Sniper exists, and is an anti-unit unit, less useful against AC.

The Siphon has been created at least once. My version had different behaviours depending on the pack type.

Relays are difficult, because you do want them to work with Beams around. I've tried it once, but it could be done better. I would consider equalising the Creeper under each nearby unit. The real question is whether the Relay should ever move.

The Collector and Reactor work with AddCreeper, so that they never stop producing, whereas Emitters just top up the local Creeper to a given height. So, Emitters are stronger than these when there is little Creeper around, but weaker when there is a lot.

I have seen references to the Creep Command Node (CCN), but am unclear as to how it differs from the Sleeper node.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Zoura3025

Quote from: GoodMorning on August 07, 2016, 03:26:55 AM
Broadly correct, but:

The Titans and a few others have been made by Nicant/Creepermind, who also modified a few behaviours.

The Sniper exists, and is an anti-unit unit, less useful against AC.

The Siphon has been created at least once. My version had different behaviours depending on the pack type.

Relays are difficult, because you do want them to work with Beams around. I've tried it once, but it could be done better. I would consider equalising the Creeper under each nearby unit. The real question is whether the Relay should ever move.

The Collector and Reactor work with AddCreeper, so that they never stop producing, whereas Emitters just top up the local Creeper to a given height. So, Emitters are stronger than these when there is little Creeper around, but weaker when there is a lot.

I have seen references to the Creep Command Node (CCN), but am unclear as to how it differs from the Sleeper node.

Thanks! I modified the relay to do something a little bit different, so hopefully it will add a new dimension to the sleeper's arsenal.

Nicant

Reading this gave me a few ideas... That is all i am going to say.  :D (cheesy face is cheesy  :D )
Edit: And what is this "CRelay" Script? I would really like to see it! :D
CW4 hype!!

Zoura3025

Quote from: Nicant on August 07, 2016, 08:37:30 PM
Reading this gave me a few ideas... That is all i am going to say.  :D (cheesy face is cheesy  :D )
Edit: And what is this "CRelay" Script? I would really like to see it! :D
Sorry, there isn't a CRelay script. I suck at coding and this is all just ideas.

GoodMorning

Mine? I think I included it in that 'unit corrupter' prototype a while ago. It'll be up under that thread, or I can put it here. It needs work, though.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.