Custom Map #3813: Void and Tentacles. By: Pusillanimous

Started by AutoPost, July 28, 2016, 09:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3813: Void and Tentacles

Author: Pusillanimous
Size: 135x105

Desc:
A map to trial a few extras bolted on to planetfall's Tentacle script. LAG FLAG. Will likely be slow on 4x, but OK on 1x speed. The tentacle network now contains Spores, and for the (un)lucky, power cores. There are a few puzzle elements to the map, but I have tried to make it possible for those who have bad luck as well as good. It is difficult to lose. Feedback is good.

chwooly

It doesn't go  to 4x speed, I am playing now and it is stuck at 1x. Is this some feature you have incorporated or is this a bug?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

I have done nothing to enforce 1x, only recommended it against lag.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Builder17

Maybe game is having some sort of extreme lag protection what prevents 4x speed in this map?  :o

Virgil?

GoodMorning

It didn't seem to in testing. It sometimes looked like 1x because it couldn't run the code at 4x... (4x ran slower, sometimes, likely because the game tried to do 4x the work and couldn't in time).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

RrR

The
Spoiler
Thor's main weapon
[close]
comes in very handy.

Insane_Insomniac444

oh god...I powered through this map in a bit over an hour (would have been done SOOOOOOO much faster, but I completely forgot about building the Thor once I got it, that said it IS possible to win without it, but it's a major pain in the ass)