Spawn spacing and continuity.

Started by GoodMorning, July 24, 2016, 11:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Hello again all,

I'm close to finished a map, but have a problem with the spacing of newly-spawned Cores.
I'm also wondering if I've contradicted anything important with the story arc.

The Cores are designed to be killed separately and easily, but to generate more cores based on the stats of the survivors.

The issue is that the Cores seem to be spawning too densely, and expanding in odd directions.
Could someone take a look?

Edit:
To be clear, I am trying to persuade the units to spawn a little more often, at somewhat greater distances; giving a more even coverage, rather than a small area with abundant Cores. When this is fixed, I can balance and upload the map.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

planetfall

Story:
In the intro: surce instead of source.
I don't understand why they can't recover the lost information even with the use of the Arc.
I'm also pretty sure the Digitalis wasn't built with a biological component. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to survive in space or on sterile worlds like Tiplex. Also, in the intro text for Defi, Lia describes the Digitalis incorporating organic patterns as "unforeseen consequences."

As far as the spacing goes, perhaps you can adapt some form of my Tentacle.crpl script's map functionality. To avoid the bug people were getting, just remove the line that says "Map" NotPersist, and make certain that no core ever runs this NotPersist (as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to remove it except cloning the core). Of course, you'll want the map permanently stored in only one place to prevent the save file from getting enormous.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

GoodMorning

Thanks for that.

I had an idea about the Arc being unable to change the reality that produced it... but it's too hard to explain, doesn't add much, and becomes circular.

I had in mind to have the design inspired by it... but again, it doesn't add enough to keep.

Thanks, I will use your solution if need be, but I had an idea while typing this...

Yep, I was able to produce the behaviour "naturally" by delaying the spawning event, so that they are more widely distributed.

Thanks again (This has been sitting part-typed for ~4 hours.)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.