Started by AutoPost, July 24, 2016, 06:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3804: Pillar wars

Author: Constantine Aeghin
Size: 150x150

Desc:

Loren Pechtel

Tricky start, I wiped twice.  Survive that and it's routine.

D0m0nik

Hey Constantine, well done on making your first maps, it is horrible when you first release maps and then don't get any feedback so here goes.

The gameplay is perfectly good, Like Loren said the start is a bit of a race if you want yo hold an island with totems or you can start further back and take the turtle approach. Glad you limited thor although I still find that 99% of maps just don't need them, they are fun but make any map very easy in the end and that is the main problem. Once the Thor is built its gameover, 2 Thors take out all spores and elliminate all risk to the base.

I also skipped over these maps at first just because of the visuals, your second map in particular looks like it was drawn very lazily, I appreciate the time that goes into a map but a good looking map makes a world of difference to me, it suggests a well thought out map even if this isn't always the case! Hope that is not too harsh, I enjoyed playing this still, the challenge of holding all the totems until the thor was built was particularly tight.