BIG, LONG&HARD BATTLE MULTI-VARIANT GAME

PMouser

how do you do this? i cant stay alive, my units get killed
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

yum-forum

Quote from: PMouser on June 25, 2016, 07:17:43 AM
how do you do this? i cant stay alive, my units get killed

What is difficult? Start? Or shortage of "techs"?

Spoiler
You have 2 variants - left/up side and right/down side of map for start (near energy packs). For easy start I recomend to place 1 CN in left/up side and 2 CN in right/down side of map. At the begining, please, get energy pack and immediately build several pulse cannon and reactors. Then as in usual game step by step - get "techs", build infrastructure and weapons... Very useful Anti-Creeper. At the beginning do not attack runners by snipers. Clear the space by PC and AC. Most hard part of game will be later.

Game named "BRAIN TEASER". That is why also exist one build-in tricky way to get a lot of useful techs at the beginning... 
Big secret!  :)  Please ask Atomicfrog (best score, better than me)!  ;) 
[close]

Good luck!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

PMouser

ok, ty, how to keep runners from stunning your stuff? ty. that is also how i failed. my pulse cannons cant work. so i get flooded.

yum-forum

Quote from: PMouser on June 25, 2016, 04:13:53 PM
ok, ty, how to keep runners from stunning your stuff? ty. that is also how i failed. my pulse cannons cant work. so i get flooded.

4-5 PC, 1 Sprayer, maybe 1 mortar and enough energy and AC. And Forge (to increase distance).
last

PMouser

huh, i cant find room or tech to get all that in, i cant make it to the ore.

yum-forum

last

chwooly

here is how I did it,

Spoiler
1 CN at the top left, between the 2 totems, put a siphon on the energy pack, build 4 reactors and 1 pulse, 2 beams, then another pulse,  a mortar, and then the sprayer, then just leap frog using the mortars and sprayer to destroy creeper and the cannons to destroy digi. remember to keep building beams to cover your reactors, build more mortars, cannons, reactors, beams as you move. the cannons will destroy the digi and the runners won't be able to get to you as easily, just be careful once you get the forge, You don't want to give to much range to your weapons otherwise they will ignor the creeper close to you,
[close]

I only used 1 CN at first, I never pause, and I sometimes walk away so my time is very low, I thought is was a decent map but a little to big.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

A different strategy, and possibly an easier one:
Spoiler

Starting in the lower right, and building a about eight reactors is useful. From there, you can island hop to get some PZs on the right. You'll need a Terp, get it from the middle by flying another CN over, having built a few Relays and a Siphon. Add the start at the top, and you'll have enough to contain all of the Runner nests on the biggest on-void Digi network. The middle can also provide you with air unit techs. I recommend a Berthas on the Spore PZ, with a Beam above. This should secure you an Ore supply. Once you have the Guppy and a stable power supply, you can Nullify for some remote PZs.

If you're quick, you can get some infinite techs for Sprayers and PCs.

From here, it's straightforward, just keep hammering away and Nullifying, same as any vanilla map.
[close]

Feedback: Good map, but large enough that it became repetitive. If there was a Bickford, I missed it.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

yum-forum

I can not open Colonial Space. Somebody also? Please, help!
last

yum-forum

last

GoodMorning

You said so in the previous post. Possibly the KC server is down?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

jaworeq

Forum was down 15 minutes ago, some server issues probably.

yum-forum

last

toolforger

Long and big, but not hard: Pulse cannons firing at digitalis fixed it.