Custom Map #3173: Particular. By: GameGibu

Started by AutoPost, February 16, 2016, 09:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D0m0nik

I have said this before but if you just want ratings then make PAC maps, almost guaranteed 8+ ratings. Ratings mean nothing, especially to the more experienced players.

With regards to this map (which was excellent btw) I suspect a lot of people did find it very hard. The solution is not obvious unless you have played the previous map and then the large gaps to creeper flooded shores that require bridging/crossing will be too much of a challenge for many.

Non-PAC maps that score well are usually maps that everyone can complete but are complex enough or have enough options that they present a fun challenge for the faster players to find faster ways through. New players want to finish maps and not feel rubbish, old players want to feel clever, like they have worked something out all by them selves!

Try not to get hung up on ratings though, they are not a true reflection on the quality of a map. Just look at Pastors maps, all excellent in my opinion and all rated terribly!

Johnny Haywire

I once knew a professor who was constantly frustrated that his students struggled with his tests & assignments. To him, they seemed easy. I imagine the "average" player who just doesn't figure out things so easily - and that doesn't make them an inferior person - might not survive the first few minutes. You need beams to shoot spores, but they drain themselves shooting the little bouncy balls. Easy enough for some to see the solution, but not for others.

If it's ratings you want, make a PAC map. I haven't seen one in ages. And they almost always get high ratings unless it's really hard. Which yanno, I'm all for a challenge but the other 99% of the world... I dunno.  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on February 18, 2016, 04:08:44 PM
If it's ratings you want, make a PAC map. I haven't seen one in ages. And they almost always get high ratings unless it's really hard. Which yanno, I'm all for a challenge but the other 99% of the world... I dunno.  ;)

B,b,b, ...brother?  ;)

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, weird. I posted that at the same time you did and it said there was another post but I was like, "Meh, I don't need to see it." Maybe great minds think alike. Or maybe PAC maps are just that cool!  8)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Yeah I would love to see a new PAC. I was thinking of making another myself but they take soooooo long to test. On holiday in a week or so, may try one then  :)

pastor.healer

Could be an excellent map... Way too many balls which suck up processor calls.  Less balls, more goo? 

GameGibu

The Particles are what this map is mainly about.

New version of script and/or a new Particle map hopefully out by the end of next week.
-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

PMouser

I could not get it done, i just dont have enough energy
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

GameGibu

Quote from: PMouser on February 19, 2016, 04:03:48 AM
I could not get it done, i just dont have enough energy

Well, this game is about energy management.

I guess this map was harder than most of my other ones...

-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆