Custom Map #3156: creeper sleeper. By: creeper destroyer

Started by AutoPost, February 11, 2016, 06:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3156: creeper sleeper

Author: creeper destroyer
Size: 256x256

Desc:
okay, lag and a small (yet powerful) secret let me win this this quick. good luck! IT'S ME IT'S ME. IT'S ME.

GameGibu

Dude I got busted for coding a backdoor into one of my maps. I would say don't repeat my mistake,but you've already done it.

:(

-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

creeper destroyer

CW4 is gonna work like trash on my computer.

TLFP

Quote from: creeper destroyer on February 11, 2016, 08:04:57 PM
what do you mean?
The way CS works is you have to post your own score to prove the map is beatable. Coding a backdoor defeats the process. 
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

GameGibu

Quote from: TheLongFellowPLAYER on February 11, 2016, 09:23:15 PM
Quote from: creeper destroyer on February 11, 2016, 08:04:57 PM
what do you mean?
The way CS works is you have to post your own score to prove the map is beatable. Coding a backdoor defeats the process.

I learned the hard way two months ago...
☆CRPL Master☆

PMouser

i got flooded at my base i dont have enough energy and room not to get flooded, help please
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Karsten75

I'm going to let this map slide, since other players have posted better times than the map maker. :) Whatever the backdoor - it's not as blatant as other maps that got nuked for the existence of the backdoor.

GameGibu

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 12, 2016, 09:31:25 AM
I'm going to let this map slide, since other players have posted better times than the map maker. :) Whatever the backdoor - it's not as blatant as other maps that got nuked for the existence of the backdoor.

Like mine, which was pretty dang obvious. So I just accepted the fact that I would have to playtest even my best-looking maps and post my 1-3 hour times to get them uploaded, and my maps have been all the better for it.

Wisdom by:
-GameGibu

"Guys! I just struck a rich vein of Wisdom! Grab a philosophical pickaxe!"
☆CRPL Master☆

creeper destroyer

ah, okay. i didn't know that is what happened, and i was just doing an experiment. sorry.

creeper destroyer

Johnny Haywire

Guys, this is a no-brainer. You can build a nullifier BEFORE the enemy CN lands. Just set it to "disarm" and wait for the enemy CN to start building. Then ARM it.

Contrary to the map's incorrect description, it's no secret at all. It's not a backdoor either. It's more like THIS...

Anyone see a door around here?

P.S. If you have trouble beating maps like this or heating up Pop Tarts, drop me a message and I'll be glad to help!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

TLFP

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on February 13, 2016, 12:09:42 PM
Guys, this is a no-brainer. You can build a nullifier BEFORE the enemy CN lands. Just set it to "disarm" and wait for the enemy CN to start building. Then ARM it.

Contrary to the map's incorrect description, it's no secret at all. It's not a backdoor either. It's more like THIS...

Anyone see a door around here?

P.S. If you have trouble beating maps like this or heating up Pop Tarts, drop me a message and I'll be glad to help!  ;D
Yeah, I looked at the scripts (after I posted) and I didn't see anything, so it's an incorrect map description. I did see that hole.  :D

creeper destroyer

oh, okay. huh. i guess i have to get rid of ANY possibility of that in the next map. by which, the next that i make, not that comes out. :)

TLFP

Quote from: creeper destroyer on February 17, 2016, 06:36:04 PM
oh, okay. huh. i guess i have to get rid of ANY possibility of that in the next map. by which, the next that i make, not that comes out. :)
You can make maps with holes in them, just not a hole that only you can exploit, (like, coding a map so you can insta-win by inputting a code). I didn't see any script that does that, so the map description was misinterpreted.

Johnny Haywire

And my point was that for every time I've thought that I had discovered a "secret" or something no one else could figure out, I encountered at least several people who not only had arrived at the conclusion before me, they also had better ideas. So I try my best not to talk about how fast I can beat a map until after I've posted scores better than most. And then the uber players come and show us all what fast really means.

"To a snail, even a turtle seems to be a speedster" - Confuse'us
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?