Custom Map #3143: The Sleeper v.2.0. By: Tardis73

Started by AutoPost, February 07, 2016, 04:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3143: The Sleeper v.2.0

Author: Tardis73
Size: 212x176

Desc:
Limited time, limited techs. will you beat this map in less than 10 minutes?

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Johnny Haywire

Quote from: PMouser on February 10, 2016, 11:32:27 PM
how? not enough time and stuff

"How?"      - - -           Land your CN's next to an enemy CN and build a nullifier. (Disarm it & wait to shoot the enemy CN)
"Not enough time" - - I know, right? I was hoping to eat some chips and the enemy died before I could open the bag.
"...and stuff"       - - -  You actually only need one nullifier. You don't need to collect the stuff. Not sure why.

Is there a way to make Sleepers not so vulnerable? I used to love sleeper maps but I simply can't seem to resist the urge to avoid all the building and stuff & just go for the kill. I'll try to play this map a second time and see if I can do it the slow way. But that's kinda like heating up a Pop Tart on the stove instead of just using the toaster.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Builder17

When sleeper dies , it's code destroys all techs , shield keys and message capsules.

Johnny Haywire

Ah ok, I figured it was something like that. Happened too quickly for me to notice  ;D

D0m0nik

I find 99% of sleeper maps completely pointless and can all be killed way to easily. Check the top scoring 50 maps and try and find a sleeper!

Johnny Haywire

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 14, 2016, 05:10:48 AM
I find 99% of sleeper maps completely pointless and can all be killed way to easily. Check the top scoring 50 maps and try and find a sleeper!

I kinda agree. But "completely" pointless would be Sleeper maps like this - where you don't even have to play them. Insta-win maps are completely pointless, and if I were a map-maker I'd be frustrated to have spent all that time on a map that can be beaten with just a single nullifier. I don't think Sleeper maps were always that way (?) and I don't think it's the map-maker's fault, but I'm not sure about that either. Seems to be a common flaw in most newer Sleeper maps.

As far as how easy they are, yeah they're easy - but that's kinda fun in a way.  ;D

Personally, I like Sleeper maps so I hope Tardis and others keep making them - I just hope they get fixed so they're not so easy!