Custom Map #3074: Reset. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, January 21, 2016, 08:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3074: Reset

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 135x90

Desc:
Well, have fun. It's an RTS map! Check the Forums for hints! #Sorrontis #RTS #CRPL #PopUpEmitter #CreeperBomb #ResetEmitter #SecuredTower

Sorrontis

What is RTS mode?
Well, I've coded the map so that you cannot pause. You can, however, continue to save and load. I believe a loaded map starts paused.

What is a creeper bomb?
Spoiler
When you destroy an emitter with creeper bombs on it, a huge section of the map fills with creeper. It's particularly nasty when combined with popup emitters
[close]

What is a reset emitter?
Spoiler
This is an emitter (standard) that will come back after being destroyed. There is a pattern, watch it carefully.
[close]

What is a Secured tower?
Spoiler
This is my new pretty code. If there are any standard emitters on the map, a secured tower cannot be nullified. This is particularly nasty with the reset emitters.
[close]

PS: I Forgot to add the tag #RampingSpore
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Johnny Haywire

Dude, yet ANOTHER new way to terrify the feeble-minded stay-at-home-and-play-a-card-game general public! Wait, I was a bit terrified at least once during this map too. I'm glad I didn't read the forum first. I think the "special" towers are figure-out-able. At first I was like, "Whaaa??" but then I figured I'd just go with it. I like the map. But then again, I'm also a fan of RTS games too. And I suppose I even like card games.

And I also really love this map! Totally excellent work!

Btw, the CMA (Creeper Monitoring Association) has unanimously voted to attach warning labels on all your maps...

"WARNING! Do NOT play this map if you suffer from any of the following conditions: Heart disease, arthritis, blindness, fatigue, PTSD or other anger-management challenges, diarrhea, depression, anxiety, irritable bowel syndrome, liver or kidney failure, death or other similar physical and/or mental debilitation."

Hey, don't blame me - I'm just the one they contact with all this legal stuff.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

I'm just wondering who's player "Seriously?" that beat it in 13ish minutes. That's impressive

PS: I'm loving your random comments :)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Johnny Haywire

Why would you think my comments are "random"? Birds of a feather are worth more than two in a bush and if you count your chickens before they cross the road you'll never bite the hand that's worse than the bark! I mean, have you ever seen an orange peel that's better at hovering than an articulated skeleton is at farming on the left hand side?

...and that's how your maps make me feel inside!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 22, 2016, 02:44:24 PM
Spoiler
Why would you think my comments are "random"? Birds of a feather are worth more than two in a bush and if you count your chickens before they cross the road you'll never bite the hand that's worse than the bark! I mean, have you ever seen an orange peel that's better at hovering than an articulated skeleton is at farming on the left hand side?

...and that's how your maps make me feel inside!  ;D
[close]

Thank you for starting off my friday evening with a laugh!

D0m0nik

Great map, not being able to pause is really good, gets me out of bad habits!