This topic is for discussion of map #3064: QelRZ2 Nm21 T71.2

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 179x97

Desc:

Loren Pechtel

RrR

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on January 20, 2016, 11:52:27 AM

And what are the terps for?

Decoration mainly. But terping some walls is never a bad stategy.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: RrR on January 20, 2016, 06:43:21 PM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on January 20, 2016, 11:52:27 AM

And what are the terps for?

Decoration mainly. But terping some walls is never a bad stategy.

The emitters are wimpy enough it doesn't matter, exploded bugs would overflow any wall I could build, wouldn't they?  (I haven't lived long enough to consider terping, anyway.)

RrR

I suspect the secret to surviving is not to let the
Spoiler
spore towers fire
[close]

10 high walls stop a single popping critter from flooding your base, and also reduce the risk of cannons upsetting the runners.

pastor.healer

D0m0nik... you are nailing it lately...  way to go!  :)

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, Dom's insane. Me... I was off to a good start and all then got abducted by aliens or something and forgot what I was doing, lost the forge and... well, I didn't feel like restarting so I figured why not. I used the terps to create a wall around my base to keep my cannons from shooting any critters. How's that for "what are the terps for?" So yeah, I ended up trying a weird long way to win. But it worked. I need some potato chips now.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Cheers for the map PH, this is my favorite kind of yours, if you move very quickly you can make life a lot easier, if you take your time your in for a slog.

Spoiler

The spores can all be taken out by one nulifier and a CN, just terp one 3x3 square for the nulifier.

Under the reactors there are three packets for ore, aether and energy, you can build a siphon over the reactors, you do not need to destroy them. Just destroy a few to put in a relay or collector.

So - 1 CN for the spores, one for the forge, one as main base top middle with the packets. Build quickly, upgrade the fire rate and then very quickly attack the second diagnol of emitters. If this is too aggressive then just head right and stop the digitalis getting round the bottom of the V. Build lots of units along the west side of the V and when you are ready blast the emitter creating the digitalis with PZ berthas and clean up.
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: RrR on January 20, 2016, 07:09:10 PM
I suspect the secret to surviving is not to let the
Spoiler
spore towers fire
[close]

10 high walls stop a single popping critter from flooding your base, and also reduce the risk of cannons upsetting the runners.

That did it.  I didn't realize there was enough time.