Started by AutoPost, January 12, 2016, 02:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3027: Can You Survive

Author: Lukas
Size: 256x256

Desc:

Johnny Haywire

The title of this map is pretty deceiving. If you go into it expecting a challenge, you'll be disappointed. If you are looking for a nice easy map that's not super quick with AC assist and a hyper AC mine, then this is probably your style. You would be hard pressed NOT to survive this map.

It's not a bad map, in my opinion. I'd rather have had maybe ONE mega-emitter in each corner instead of a bajazillion little rinky-dink emitters. As it is, this map would be more appropriately titled, "Can you clean up after the baby emitters?"

Challenge level - 1
Fun level - 4
Enabling the "I'm INVINCIBLE" desire to just bully around some wimpy, whining creeper - 9.5
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Jerdog

Grayzzur

Could be improved simply by changing off the default monotone terrain to one of the themes with a little color. Makes for a good speed run challenge for those that like to replay these maps.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Builder17

Also I published so many maps before I started changing terrain colours from default. Maybe he didn't knew terrain colors can be changed?

Jerdog

Quote from: Grayzzur on January 14, 2016, 10:56:12 AM
Could be improved simply by changing off the default monotone terrain to one of the themes with a little color. Makes for a good speed run challenge for those that like to replay these maps.

I almost never replay maps.  My personal speed challenge is to look at the map and figure out how to speed thorough it in one go.

Johnny Haywire

Replaying maps is for perfectionists. I suppose everyone has their own style and challenges they set for themselves. My own personal speed challenge is to see if I can leave the game unpaused, go make lunch and come back and see if I can finish eating before the game is over. That way I either finish the game or finish lunch - and either way it's a sense of accomplishment. Yay and stuff like that.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

I play most maps once as I generally don't have the time to play them twice. The usual exception is if Alter Old sets a crazy time I will then go back to it and play the 'figure what the hell happened there game'. I learn a lot that way. Some PACs are worth a second go for fun.

GameGibu

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 15, 2016, 02:06:13 AM
Replaying maps is for perfectionists. I suppose everyone has their own style and challenges they set for themselves. My own personal speed challenge is to see if I can leave the game unpaused, go make lunch and come back and see if I can finish eating before the game is over. That way I either finish the game or finish lunch - and either way it's a sense of accomplishment. Yay and stuff like that.

I like food too.

But I do think that this mapmaker should consider  spicing up  the map textures. I  personally try to make mine as interesting as possible.

-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆