Custom Map #3019: Cross. By: Shador

Started by AutoPost, January 11, 2016, 06:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3019: Cross

Author: Shador
Size: 256x256

Desc:
The creeper attacked in a warp. Can you recollect the buildings and fight them with all you got?

mzimmer74

Very good map that looks great and puts forth a decent challenge.  However, there are a couple of things that make it easier than it probably would be otherwise. Since you only have one CN at the beginning you've limited what can be done (which is good), but the timing is still there to make your life MUCH easier:
Spoiler

If you land the CN up by the Bertha tech right away you can pick it up, send your CN to orbit, and land in the SE again to recharge the beams. (Send the two loaded bombers to get some AC at the point where the creeper would come into your "base" to keep it safe).

Once the are recharged, you can send your CN to orbit, land in the NW and take out at least 3 of the spore towers, then send the CN back to orbit and land in the SE to recharge the beams again. This gets you a little extra energy since there won't be as many spores coming (I did this once, but might have been able to do it twice).

At this point you have the Bertha tech and enough energy production to start taking on the SW and then it's just a matter of progressing with Berthas.  I never bothered using the Thor tech since it wasn't needed.
[close]

Good work overall!
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Loren Pechtel

My Thor was nowhere near done by the time the map was over.  It's extreme build time makes it basically moot.

Even without your strategy I didn't find this hard, just tedious.  There simply isn't enough creep in the SW to be much threat.  Some blasters on that wall kept it in check until I was ready to advance.  What I didn't like is one terp and a ton of rough terrain to cross.

Jerdog

Spoiler
You can land your Base near the other two and pick them up.  Then you have three.  Spores towers were wiped out almost before they launched.
[close]