Custom Map #3012: Sleeper Islands. By: Creepermind

Started by AutoPost, January 09, 2016, 04:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3012: Sleeper Islands

Author: Creepermind
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Does not contain creep forge or nullifier! In this map, you must face the sleeper and with the sleeper is the creep bertha!!! For some reason you have to nullify the creep bertha at the top right to destroy it, the berthas the sleeper node builds can be destroyed like a normal sleeper. ---CREDITS--- rer24 - Ideas TechBot5402 - ideas Telanir - Sleeper Gamemode Virgil W. - The Game You - For playing the map (Hopefully)

Nicant

To stop the creep Bertha Bullets, you must place a shield nearby where it is targeting. Then move the unit that is being targeted out of the way. This should stop anything from being destroyed. Hope you enjoy the map!  :)
CW4 hype!!

Johnny Haywire

Love the new units! Excellent work putting all that together!  :D

I first let the game run to see how the new bertha works, and I can see how it could be pretty scary. However, I chose instead to just keep it from firing. It made things a lot easier that way. And I just like easy ways I guess.  8)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Nicant

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 09, 2016, 05:41:32 PM
Love the new units! Excellent work putting all that together!  :D

I first let the game run to see how the new bertha works, and I can see how it could be pretty scary. However, I chose instead to just keep it from firing. It made things a lot easier that way. And I just like easy ways I guess.  8)
Thanks! What do you mean by keeping it from firing?  ???
CW4 hype!!

Johnny Haywire

QuoteThanks! What do you mean by keeping it from firing?

I tripped over the bertha's power cord and broke it, sorry. I'll get you another one.  ;D  Here's my solution for the berthas & company...
Spoiler
I landed a CN near it, built one collector to get the Thor, then a nullifier which took out the bertha and 2 nearby emitters. It didn't get a chance to fire at all.
[close]

And another thing to make things easier...
Spoiler
Land the other 2 CNs on the island with all the AOO's, then build collectors around the top half to collect the Freezes and Nukes (that's what I like to call them). Use these to take out the 4 emitters & runners's nest, then decide what to do with the PZ's
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 09, 2016, 08:56:26 PM

I tripped over the bertha's power cord and broke it, sorry. I'll get you another one.  ;D  Here's my solution for the berthas & company...
Spoiler
I landed a CN near it, built one collector to get the Thor, then a nullifier which took out the bertha and 2 nearby emitters. It didn't get a chance to fire at all.
[close]

Spoiler
Land the other 2 CNs on the island with all the AOO's, then build collectors around the top half to collect the Freezes and Nukes (that's what I like to call them). Use these to take out the 4 emitters & runners's nest, then decide what to do with the PZ's
[close]

Spoiler
I didn't think of using the AOOs to clear that island
[close]

Spoiler
Other than the pre-emptive strike on the first Bertha it doesn't really matter anyway--one Thor will take down the Sleeper.
[close]

TLFP

Possible bug: I found that the sleeper's guppy could land in the void.
The collecter wouldn't emit until 2-10 seconds after it was placed which made for very flooded islands because I wouldn't notice it :D
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

TLFP

QuoteQuote

Thanks! What do you mean by keeping it from firing?

Quote Johnny Haywire
(click to show/hide)
Spoiler
[close]

(click to show/hide)
Spoiler
[close]
I started the mission and I thought I wonder if i can take the bertha and thor tech so I did and then I thought Why can't I just kill the Bertha before it becomes a problem And then (once I completed it) I looked at the Forums.....

Nicant

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 09, 2016, 08:56:26 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

oh ok, i thought the emitters would prevent ppl from build nullifiers, So when i played, i had to constantly deal with the bertha.  :P
CW4 hype!!

Nicant

Quote from: TheLongFellowPLAYER on January 10, 2016, 12:19:51 PM
Possible bug: I found that the sleeper's guppy could land in the void.
The collecter wouldn't emit until 2-10 seconds after it was placed which made for very flooded islands because I wouldn't notice it :D

I now that the guppy lands in the void and i want it to! (adds more challenge by having to destroy it before it emits)
The collector's creeper was going into it's digitalis, thats why it would take a few before emitting.
CW4 hype!!

TLFP

QuoteI now that the guppy lands in the void and i want it to! (adds more challenge by having to destroy it before it emits)
The collector's creeper was going into it's digitalis, thats why it would take a few before emitting
Thanks, I was worried that there was a bug, and I didn't check right on the collecter, :P Thanks for the clarification

Johnny Haywire

I actually took my time with this, after killing the bertha & clearing the AOO Island. I don't like to rush fun maps, so I generally leave things unpaused. If you take one of the spore islands near the main base you can set up a beam there that will keep guppies from doing anything. But yeah, if you just build a Thor it's pretty much an easy win.

I certainly like this new kind of sleeper map better than the older ones with less variety. Great job, Nicant!

D0m0nik

There is another trick you can use here:

Spoiler
Just wait until the island with the sleeper is under a lot of creeper and then just drop one convert AOO, game over. No need to engage any sleeper units
[close]

I discovered this by accident and was disappointed as it brought my game to a premature end.

Johnny Haywire

Quote from: D0m0nik on January 11, 2016, 10:20:30 AM
There is another trick you can use here:

Spoiler
Just wait until the island with the sleeper is under a lot of creeper and then just drop one convert AOO, game over. No need to engage any sleeper units
[close]

I discovered this by accident and was disappointed as it brought my game to a premature end.

LOL, I just tried that - figured it'd just fly away at the sign of danger but nooooo. Pretty silly. And you don't even have to collect the tech to win... I like that. Still couldn't beat your time though.

D0m0nik

Yeah it is a bit silly. I still find sleeper maps largely disappointing, most can be beaten just by flying over a bunch of snipers.

There are a few exceptions though which are really interesting, Builder17 and JoaoPistori have made a few really good ones.

Youv'e been getting a bit speedy lately, is that pause button wearing down?  ;) Johnny the Hare Haywire!