Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2979: ARCHIEVMENT

Author: Freeclimber
Size: 256x256

Desc:
ENERGIE ACHIEVMENT

Builder17

Achievement maps should not be published into CS.
Make these into DMD if you want , but not into CS.

GameGibu

I read the rules yesterday, and I think this is a map to report based on those rules. Am I right or wrong Builder17?
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

pablo2007

I can place Nullifier on random terrain. its a bug?
Kraken everywhere!

Johnny Haywire

I have mixed feelings about reporting this map. On one hand it's pointless - that much is a given.

On the other hand, it took me just over 2 minutes to beat this. There are many maps with inhibitors that take less time and effort to beat. Granted, the main difference is that most of the map-makers in those cases just didn't realize what they were doing.

Unlike most "achievement" maps, this isn't an "instant-win". You actually have to build something besides a nullifier to win... er, I guess not. You can just use the forge to create a singularity once it builds up about 300-400. But you still have to move something to do that.

I would first just ask the mapmaker to make different kinds of maps. Builder17 is right. Maps like this don't belong in Colonial Space - leave them for the DMD area. If it continues, then yeah I'd be in complete agreement with reporting them.

Thanks!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

teknotiss

i reported this, achievement maps are not for CS...  >:(
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

There's enough play in this map to pass the admittedly low bar we set.

GameGibu

Could someone clarify for me what "leave them for the DMD area" means?

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 01, 2016, 12:53:13 PM

I would first just ask the mapmaker to make different kinds of maps. Builder17 is right. Maps like this don't belong in Colonial Space - leave them for the DMD area. If it continues, then yeah I'd be in complete agreement with reporting them.

Thanks!
☆CRPL Master☆

Johnny Haywire

Hey! I want to be a Hero Member!   *Flexes*   Who do I need to rescue to be a hero?  8)

But yeah, I was kinda thinking that the tiny amount of action required to win might be too much to have it reported & deported.

GameGibu, The DMD arena is found on the main screen - it's the "Sun" that says "DMD". All sorts of insta-win maps are there.

GameGibu

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 01, 2016, 01:33:40 PM

The DMD arena is found on the main screen - it's the "Sun" that says "DMD". All sorts of insta-win maps are there.

Is there an upload button I missed?  ???
☆CRPL Master☆

Johnny Haywire

In the DMD area, you just make a map from the DMD settings and play it. Once you win, you can name it and I think it posts automatically.