Custom Map #2978: Omaha Beach. By: GameGibu

Started by AutoPost, December 31, 2015, 08:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2978: Omaha Beach

Author: GameGibu
Size: 128x84

Desc:
An historically more accurate map based on the one recently made by DaWall. Enjoy! -GameGibu Original author: DaWall Feel free to recreate this map yourself, as long as you credit the original author. :) I also understand that Earth is about to make another revolution around Sol, so tell all your fellow earthlings "Happy New Year!" for me. ;) #runners #history #detail #normandy

GameGibu

Seriously guys what's with the down-voting? :'(

If you don't like something about this map could you please tell me?
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

Johnny Haywire

Main thing I noticed is that the inhibitor doesn't produce any creeper, and the other emitters are so low that the inhibitor is vulnerable to an instant-attack. Most players are looking for more of a battle, rather than an easy win.

From what I've seen it's virtually impossible to please everyone. Some people struggle with very basic principles of the game and complain about maps being too hard. Other people seem to be like Neo in The Matrix and just tear just about everything apart. Some people hate the "puzzle maps" - others love them. The "Play as Creeper" maps almost always tend to get higher than average ratings.

But I'd say the main thing is not to make maps that aren't as easy to beat as this one. And how historically accurate a map is won't be the average player's primary concern btw. Playability is the primary function. Ironically, historicity would be more "form" than function in this case. Not that it's the way it SHOULD be... just the way it is  ;)

Thanks for taking the time to make maps though!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?