Started by AutoPost, December 28, 2015, 04:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2952: map9

Author: Nilar
Size: 140x84

Desc:

fisck

Why give so much ore and then not give a way to use it? You had my hopes up until I started making bombers.  :'(

teknotiss

Quote from: fisck on December 28, 2015, 08:55:07 AM
Why give so much ore and then not give a way to use it? You had my hopes up until I started making bombers.  :'(

agreed, i opened this to spam bombers on the enemy, but with only 5 i felt it was too limited to play on.
sorry Nilar, but these unit restrictions don't suit this map to well  :(
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

RrR

Five bombers was plenty - my five had only just reached their target zone when the final nullifier finished building. But more would allow alternative strategies.

Builder17

What about bigger build price for strafers and bombers and guppies instead so strict build limit?

Johnny Haywire

Guys... the AC - and virtually everything on the map - is completely pointless. It's just another "Kill the inhibitor quickly and go do a map that actually provides a challenge" map. I know I'm still pretty new to this game, but what's the deal with using inhibitors? It's like someone takes all the time and effort to make a cool map then puts a little "Staples-That-Was-Easy-Button" right there for you to press. I've tried everything in my power to resist the urge to press it... but it's right there. It's... it's... (listens carefully) I can actually hear it...

begging  :'(

"Please just press the leeetle button and beat this map quickly. Press me! I'm a cuute leeeetle button! Teeeckle me pleeeeeze!"  :'( . How can I say no?

Ok, so an inhibitor LOOKS cooler than an emitter. Does it have any other quality that merits its inclusion in maps that I'm just missing? I'm not trying to argue, I'm sincerely curious why people use them other than aesthetic inclinations.

Thanks for taking the time to make maps. I really do appreciate it, even if some of them are kinda pointless. I'm sure the next one will be harder to beat!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

mzimmer74

When and inhibitor is used correctly it can be a great addition to a map.  I like maps that are the following:
1. the appropriate size for what is on it
2. a number of paths to victory depending on how you like to play
3. a lack of need to slog through to victory

An inhibitor can directly help with 2 & 3, but only if it is properly defended.  With a larger map with a lot of objectives, having a well defended inhibitory can give the player an option to attack the inhibitor and ignore the rest if they think they can break through.  Now, with that said, if the inhibitor is not well defended then I agree...they are kind of pointless.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

teknotiss

Quote from: RrR on December 28, 2015, 02:40:12 PM
Five bombers was plenty - my five had only just reached their target zone when the final nullifier finished building. But more would allow alternative strategies.

oh i know i can do this sans bombers.... but with all those mines i was looking forwards to basically filling the starting island with bombers and swamping the other island with AC! ;)
fun uber alles  8)
but this is not what it seems from the CS minimap, but hey ho, still good that it was made etc!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Johnny Haywire

QuoteWhen and inhibitor is used correctly it can be a great addition to a map.  I like maps that are the following:
1. the appropriate size for what is on it
2. a number of paths to victory depending on how you like to play
3. a lack of need to slog through to victory

Ah, that's a good point and yeah, I can totally see why that would be good. In a map like this though, it just kinda ruins it as you can virtually insta-kill the inhibitor. I suspect it can be done in under 2 minutes (without cheating) but I don't feel like trying a 3rd time.
#insta-kill #can't resist  #like stealing candy from an unprotected inhibitor

Quoteoh i know i can do this sans bombers.... but with all those mines i was looking forwards to basically filling the starting island with bombers and swamping the other island with AC!

You could always fill the island with sprayers (which hold more AC, btw) and send them en masse to the island, and back up their supply with AC guppies... I actually wanted to try this but couldn't resist the urge to try for a faster win. HEY! Maybe you could make an improved version of the map!  :o  8)

Builder17

Hey , Johnny , guppies are limited into zero 0 in this map .
But you can always build a lot of sprayers and move these between two islands in group.

Johnny Haywire

Ah, didn't even notice that guppies weren't allowed. Yeah, then in that case I'd maybe focus on upgrading the AC storage for the CN's then move them back and forth like Oil Tankers.

That is, assuming you didn't already destroy the inhibitor within the first couple minutes.  8)