Custom Map #2949: This is CRAZY. By:

Started by AutoPost, December 27, 2015, 02:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2949: This is CRAZY

Author:
Size: 256x256

Desc:
May be a bit tough at the beginning, but it is doable. hints: you need a lot of beams at the beginning and go for the ore asap

pastor.healer

Who's that Helper guy! Nice job   :)

Excellent map!

Helper

Hah!
Whoever he is, he finally beat that PH guy (a first time for everything).
:)

Can't tell who the map-maker was, but nice game. I usually don't like the giant economy sized games, but this one played well.
Fun stuff.
Thanks,
H

Loren Pechtel

You need lots of beams but there's no real threat to your base, it's easy enough.

Johnny Haywire

Actually, you don't need many beams if you do it a different way... (not necessarily better, just different and kinda fail-safe)

Spoiler
Land on the Island and take out all the spores before they can fire, then you'll only needed one beam in a PZ. If you want to feel safer, you can put 3 or 4 just for fun. 

I built 3 berthas in PZ's and with a bit of timing, flew the CN over to the guppy doo-dad, snagged it and went back to the island. in hindsight, it probably would have been faster if I'd just gone right to the starting point after taking out the beams. But if you like safe and easy, try this way if ya wanna.  ;D
[close]

Great job on the map! Nice to see an inhibitor well-guarded! Keep up the good work  :)

PS - I didn't think this map was so crazy at all. But then again perhaps I'm crazy so it just seems normal...?
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?