Custom Map #2921: OnO9.4 yEow 2. By: Pastor.Healer

Started by AutoPost, December 21, 2015, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2921: OnO9.4 yEow 2

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 181x97

Desc:
Ok. Friend came over and I forgot to save the game. So this one is an easy pickins... :)

Loren Pechtel

Easy?!  I don't see how to get enough defenses up by the time those super-emitters turn on.

slayer18x

I'm not saying this map isn't well done. I was able to kill the super emitters. It's just that these maps are a lot of busy work and it gets a bit boring after a short time. It has its challenges and it isn't impossible though.

pastor.healer

D0m0nik

Thanks PH although loads of mistakes made and this map has potential for some real refinement of strategy/energy management. It is a great challenge thanks to the terrain.

Loren:

Spoiler
If you use the PZs for the terps you can land two CNs and take out the dormant emitters before they spark. If you are really fast you can also take out the spores as well before they activate, use the high ground wisely
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 22, 2015, 05:40:07 PM
Thanks PH although loads of mistakes made and this map has potential for some real refinement of strategy/energy management. It is a great challenge thanks to the terrain.

Loren:

Spoiler
If you use the PZs for the terps you can land two CNs and take out the dormant emitters before they spark. If you are really fast you can also take out the spores as well before they activate, use the high ground wisely
[close]

I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I also managed to get the nasty emitter.  At that point it was just a slow mop-up.

RrR

A sub-ten minute (perhaps about seven minutes) should be possible with this map. The terrain is a hinderance, but it also helps to constrain the emitters.
Spoiler
I nullified all the delayed emitters and the spore towers before they became active.
[close]