AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2896: JQQ Zel 16.2

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 157x91

Desc:

pastor.healer

Why would anyone post a rating of a 1?

Because you can't get through the map?
Because you don't like the color scheme?
Because you don't like the amount of space vs land?
Too many critters?
Maybe it is an emotional issue:

1=angry
2=sort of angry
3=kinda angry
4=still angry
5=slightly angry
6=not so angry
7=kinda liked it
8=hmmmmm seemed good
9=no, I still didn't like it
10=It's alright

This should be the new rating system for anyone who would post a 1

Goodness...

pastor.healer

By the way, nice job mikemech!  :)

Now I have to play it again...  :(

thumbmaster

Even though the game allows it, I think it's rude to post a low score just because you can't finish it for whatever reason. Unless the map is truly atrocious, of course, like one of mine.  8)
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

pastor.healer

thumbmaster

Quote from: pastor.healer on December 16, 2015, 08:10:31 PM
Ha!  Thumbmaster... :) You make awesome maps!

Maybe.... but they're never good enough for the little prince.   :P
Your maps, however, are truly inspiring. Both to play and to imitate. Don't let the 1-star fools get you down.
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

pastor.healer

D0m0nik

I rate all your maps a 10 and I have played every one them, keep up the good work and don't let the disgruntled few get you down!

Your newer maps with the fast firing spores are going to make the maps too challenging for some, you could always label them as very hard, it may discourage amateur players rage rating as they will have been prepared for whats coming!

Jerdog

I never rate a map if I don't finish it. 

Unless it is seriously bad.  I'm talking flat brown map with one emitter.  Those get a 1.

If I finish a map I rate it on a scale of 5 to 10 because, hey, the person took the time to make and upload a map.  My favorite maps are ones that look like they might be hard but you can actually speed through them. 

Your puzzle maps are generally not to my take so I don't usually try them.  But don't worry about me.  The other players that matter seem to love them.

Edit:  I decided to try this map to see what you came up with.  Please don't take this the wrong way, but: what the hell?

Helper

Quote from: Jerdog on December 17, 2015, 05:46:59 PM
I never rate a map if I don't finish it. 

I think it is a very serious mistake on Virgil's part to allow anyone to rate that hasn't finished the map. I've lost count of the maps I couldn't finish on the first couple (few) tries, then I figure out the part that "I" was getting wrong.

Those who take the time to create games for US to play deserve our respect and gratitude.
Thus endeth the lessor for the day.
Peace, Love, and overwhelming firepower.
H

pastor.healer

Honestly I don't really care about the rating system except that it could be useful to the builder. If the whole of the players don't like playing a map that has certain traits, then we learn what the masses like. And yes, I think the rating system should be for maps finished as well. 

Anyway... that's all for the map rating gripe from me.  I give this post a 1  :)

Helper

Quote from: Jerdog on December 17, 2015, 05:46:59 PM
Edit:  I decided to try this map to see what you came up with.  Please don't take this the wrong way, but: what the hell?

Wait until you try 2901...it's a blinger!
(But I finished it before rating it.)

PH - I think that guy giving you the single digit salute is trying to tell you you're #1!
H