Custom Map #2889: Sleeper Collector. By: Rer24

Started by AutoPost, December 13, 2015, 12:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2889: Sleeper Collector

Author: Rer24
Size: 90x80

Desc:
My first map in a series against the sleeper without the actual base. Also my second map in general, so don't judge too harshly.

Johnny Haywire

I like challenging maps as much as anyone I suppose... but narrowing the tools at our disposal isn't the way I'd go about it. I'll be honest - the first couple tries on this were a total fail for me. Maybe it's because I'm still relatively new at this but I don't typically struggle with most maps so I dunno. Once I figured out the solution it was pretty easy, albeit painfully slow. Since no one has griped or complained about not being able to beat the map maybe it was just me that had a rough go of it at first. So overall, not an awful map but I'd prefer a more varied challenge.

Thanks for the map and your efforts to make them!

If you need a hint, here's the key:
Spoiler
Cannons set to "digitalis" will ignore nearby creeper and instead target the sleeper creeper seepers (that's what I call them because they seep creeper, and they're... never mind - I got off track) if one is nearby. If one isn't near a cannon, maybe see if you can change its proximity to the sleeper creeper seeper!
[close]
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

There are two major issues with this map for me

Spoiler
As the base is not under any immediate threat you can just set all units to digitalis and send them off to destroy all the sleeper units, I had destroyed them all in about 35 seconds.
[close]

That leaves the second issue, no forge, no relays, nor mortar = boring and frustrating clean up. Especially the top right emitter.

Having said that great job on separating the sleeper units, great potential for future maps, look forward to seeing where you go with it.

Helper

Interesting, but hope you incorporate the recommendations above on your next one.

Concur on Forge/Totem and lack of unit choice comment.
Some games with unit limits are OK, never seen one yet that was OK with no Forge/Totems.
Thanks,
H

hbarudi

At least we should have the mortar for 20 strength emitters and the reactor.