Custom Map #2864: teks033 stew-niverse 02. By: teknotiss

Started by AutoPost, December 09, 2015, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2864: teks033 stew-niverse 02

Author: teknotiss
Size: 153x153

Desc:
a PAC map, so thanks to all involved in scripting all these great scripts! nice one stewbasic, stdout and hubs! also good on all PAC mappers, love them keep them coming! advice??? well get some spores going i would suggest....

Portelly

Really laaaggyy here.

I don't know if it's possible with all the items but stacking 50 mines over 1 spot seems better than having 50 mines in play.

Really too much items, it's juste unplayable. I'll beat it but without the habitual fun of a PAC.
stdout and hubs may have more actual helpful comments.

Like the style, but can't really enjoy it.

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, the lag is something else. I just made spores, set them at a target, then did something on the other computer for a while. Came back and cleared the next island, then repeated.

Love the map. Hate the lag. Maybe it's time for a new computer...?  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

ak

teknotiss

ahh sorry you all have lag, i didn't get too much after the first few mins...
i will see about optimising that on the next one!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

stdout

teknotiss, I want to know what kind of computer you have.  :o

Definitely the laggiest game I've ever played in my life. It looks awesome, and I especially have a fondness for asteroid PAC maps but I'm not sure this is playable dude.

Tjgalon

I got some lag, it was not so bad, though I did love as I disable islands, everything speed up, hehe.

teknotiss

Quote from: stdout on December 10, 2015, 10:12:37 PM
teknotiss, I want to know what kind of computer you have.  :o

Definitely the laggiest game I've ever played in my life. It looks awesome, and I especially have a fondness for asteroid PAC maps but I'm not sure this is playable dude.

win 8.1 avg/zonealarm/asc/ccleaner as active defense wares (some av/firewall stuff really messes with my gaming, these ones are pretty light on processor power and very good on defending me)
AMD Athlon X4 620 2.60GHz
4Gb kingston RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6670 GPU

so not an awesome machine... medium/high powered when built, but not a super rig by any stretch...
i built it about 3.5 years ago and haven't upgraded yet, i can run most modern browser shooter type games on high/medium settings with no lag and 30+ FPS or so

what are you running dude?

with CW3 i generally get lag only when extreme amounts of creeper are on the map... do some people get lag from spores?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

mzimmer74

I'm not at my computer so can't check the exact specs but I built it about a year ago and it is generally higher specced than what you have.  Even with that, I got some fairly significant amount of lag.  It wasn't unplayable, but definitely caused some issues.  Still a lot of fun and I rated it that way. 

If I had to guess, I'd say it might be the packets for the AC running to the sprayers.  I say that because they seemed to stutter the most on my screen.  The easiest way to test that would be to turn the "always on" off of the sprayers (thus reducing the amount of packets moving) and play it again.  Other than that I can't imagine what it might be.  The spores didn't cause any struggle on my computer once the outer islands were taken away.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

stdout

Quote from: teknotiss on December 11, 2015, 10:57:22 AMwhat are you running dude?

AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.5Ghz
Radeon HD 5450 1 GB DDR3 HDMI/DVI-I/VGA PCI-Express Graphics Card 100292DDR3L
16GB memory (4x Corsair DDR3 CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)

Linux (Fedora 20 x86_64) with proprietary nvidia video drivers.

My machine appears to be a bit better than yours yet it plays better over there for you. I wonder if it's a Windows vs. Linux thing?

I spent about 30 minutes playing (with very occasional brief pauses) and only got about 4 minutes of game time.

Mafaka

Spent about an hour and the game time was 28 minutes.

iMac Mid 2011
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
256 GB SSD

teknotiss

at a guess it's a linux vs windows thing... i think it was just short of 40 mins for me to get a 22 min score, but i do pause a lot too so only some of that is lag.  ???

i will use more flipmitters and less AC movement on the next one and see if that helps  8)

Loren Pechtel

Major lagfest here and the only challenge is taking one island beyond your start.  At that point you have enough spores to overload the beams, just fire on the connection and wait.  Clear the island, build more spores and repeat.