Custom Map #2804: Don't err. By: Jerdog

Started by AutoPost, November 15, 2015, 11:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2804: Don't err

Author: Jerdog
Size: 128x128

Desc:
I made the error in my final test. Ouch. Still finished though. #Vanilla #digitalis on void #lots of 1 spore towers #strong bugs

D0m0nik

10/10, Another fantastic map, really challenging start and great fight throughout, thank you  :)

PMouser

I cant do this, the energy makes it imposible
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

isj4

The start is tricky. I used all the energy in siphon to build reactors and the beams. And then more beams and ore mine + sprayer on "always on". That gave breathing space to build up a bit more.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

stdout

It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. The AE tower can be nullified with the third CN at game open. As was said above, use the energy to build reactors. It was definitely an enjoyable battle and I gave it 9/10.

D0m0nik

Spoiler

If you are quick:
Land one CN top left and float the other two over the gaps to the right and below of your CN to take out the first few spores and free up PZs. It is not too hard to do but you will need to use the N key or pause.
[close]

Jerdog

Darn you D0m!
Spoiler
I didn't think anything could be done using those corners before creeper filled them in so I didn't make them unlandable.
[close]

RrR

Quote from: Jerdog on November 16, 2015, 09:33:31 PM
Darn you D0m!

I assummed the hole was deliberate. It was certainly convenient. I managed to
Spoiler
nullify 5 spore towers and get three PZ beams before the first spore wave
[close]

D0m0nik

stdout

I think that maps with (minor) holes are the very best maps. Finding way to exploit gaps in defenses is a critical component of CW3's enjoyment for me and dramatically adds to the replayability of a mission.

pastor.healer

Nicely done stdout!  Thoroughly enjoyed the run.  :)

Loren Pechtel

I don't see why people are saying this is so hard.

Reactors and beams in your start corner, kick the extra CNs back to orbit when you have filled the rest of the space.  Build out the arm with relays and beams.  Use sprayers to make a pool of AC on your area so that if you take a hit it's quickly soaked up.

I didn't realize you could go for that anti-air at the start but it's not an issue to me anyway--I saw no use for air (other than I would have liked a quick strike at the arms full of spores--no guppies.)