Custom Map #2802: I Give Up. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, November 15, 2015, 02:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2802: I Give Up

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 140x69

Desc:
I don't really give up. Here's another one for you out there! #Sorrontis #PopUpEmitter #GrumpyEmitter #Spore #Digitalis #NoRunners #NoBertha #AoO

Sorrontis

This will likely be my last regular released map. I have some major work coming up, so I'll be reducing my time on CW significantly  :'(. I will be back in the New Year regardless. I'll still be around the forums!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

Quote from: Sorrontis on November 15, 2015, 02:18:28 PM
This will likely be my last regular released map. I have some major work coming up, so I'll be reducing my time on CW significantly  :'(. I will be back in the New Year regardless. I'll still be around the forums!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  :(

Sorry to hear it Sorrontis but good luck with the work! Funnily enough the busier I am at work the more I play this game!  :-\

Loved this one, not too many terrible surprises but enough to keep me guessing. Good solid challenge from start to finish.

Sorrontis

Unfortunately, its my comprehensive exam. I fail this, I fail out of the PhD program. And I'm so close to being done, I can't afford to make a mistake :)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Helper

I'd like to personally thank you for making us a nice easy one as a going away present.
Hurry back - as a 'Doctor'.
H

D0m0nik

Doctor Sorrontis, sounds like a evil genius bad guy name  ;)

Sorrontis

I'm more psyched at being call Professor X :D

Quote from: Helper on November 16, 2015, 03:24:24 PM
I'd like to personally thank you for making us a nice easy one as a going away present.
Hurry back - as a 'Doctor'.
H
Unfortunately, after that, I still have another year before I can even defend and get the title. It's hard work I tell ya!  ;D

Helper

RrR

No surprises that as Sorrontis map has surprises. Also no surprise that Dp got an excellent time. But, it is only half as fast as the time by my8024903, a name I don't recognise. Certainly, I could go faster (I build too much energy, not enough beams), but I'm not sure I could complete in 21 minutes. Maybe masses of airpower would tip the balance.

Top tip.
Spoiler
You can nullify half the pop-up emitters (almost) immediately.
[close]

Sorrontis

Quote from: RrR on November 16, 2015, 05:55:30 PM
No surprises that as Sorrontis map has surprises. Also no surprise that Dp got an excellent time. But, it is only half as fast as the time by my8024903, a name I don't recognise. Certainly, I could go faster (I build too much energy, not enough beams), but I'm not sure I could complete in 21 minutes. Maybe masses of airpower would tip the balance.

Top tip.
Spoiler
You can nullify half the pop-up emitters (almost) immediately.
[close]

I don't know how someone could do it in 20 minutes. Let's ask Alter Old. However, I've heard that older (hacked?) versions might not allow some CRPL to run properly.

I'm resisting the urge to make a map called "Don't load this map" :D

RrR

Just replayed for a time of 25 minutes. A time of 20 minutes would be possible with AlterOld skill levels.

Sorrontis

I think I could be a better player if I actually spent time playing, rather than making maps :P

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Sorrontis

Quote from: PMouser on November 17, 2015, 09:11:23 PM
i could not do this, too little energy

build a network fast, use the terps to finish building temporary walls to control creeper in the first minute. don't build too high, just enough to keep the creeper from quickly overflowing. that's why I give you 5 terps and 3 cannons. to get you ready faster :)

knighty

im stuck

Spoiler

can't kill the creep on the left enough to get close with a nullifier

can;t even get close to killing it.... figured it was just because I took too long setting up, left the game running at 4x while I did other stuff and it's still the same

I must have messed up somewhere or taken too long ?

[close]

any ideas/tips ?