Custom Map #2794: Open Sandwich. By: Ivan Skytte Jørgensen

Started by AutoPost, November 13, 2015, 01:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2794: Open Sandwich

Author: Ivan Skytte Jørgensen
Size: 127x156

Desc:
A variation of Alfanugan's "Sandwiched" but with the ingredients slightly rearranged, so the start is a bit easier. #PAC

stdout

isj4

Quote from: stdout on November 13, 2015, 02:20:02 PM
I see zero difference between this one and the original.

The 4 nearest PZ have been moved slightly so the cannons can't reach so much of them. It makes the start easier because you have a better chance of getting live digitalis in the center of the PZ (something I was unable to achieve in the original map). It also maps the path toward them less likely to be hit by two mortars.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

Loren Pechtel

If this is easier I'd hate to see the original--I'm getting nowhere on this one.

Tunnen

I actually had a harder time starting on this one compared to the original...  Not saying that's a bad thing =P

isj4

Quote from: Tunnen on November 13, 2015, 03:35:46 PM
I actually had a harder time starting on this one compared to the original...  Not saying that's a bad thing =P
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on November 13, 2015, 03:26:37 PM
If this is easier I'd hate to see the original--I'm getting nowhere on this one.

That is odd. I found my map much easier to start than the original.

During supper (no potato chips involved - but camembert was) I had an Idea for the original map which may help you on my version too:
Spoiler

Only build digitalis to one of the totems. Keep digitalis and creeper away from the other side and its mortar. That wastes less creeper and you have a slightly better chance for gaining the first PZ. With that technique I manage to keep one totem active the whole time even while in burst mode. It made it a whole lot easier.
[close]
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!