Custom Map #2789: Why do you do this to yourself. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, November 11, 2015, 09:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2789: Why do you do this to yourself

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 133x133

Desc:
No, really, why do you do this to yourself? #Sorrontis #CRPL #Thor #Bertha #NoSpore #Digitalis #NoRunner #PopUpEmitter #CountDownToApocalypse

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

Quote from: Sorrontis on November 12, 2015, 12:29:05 AM
DylanG ... 10 minutes? how the heck did you do that one?

Gosh darnit, I made a mistake

Spoiler
The apocalypse can be nullified early....
[close]

D0m0nik

Even with the mistake it makes for a very good challenge to nullify the four corners and clean up all the creeper before nullifying the doomsday device.
I will replay this how intended , I guess a retaining wall, a few berthas and a load of mortars and possibly a nice stock of AC as will help! 

knighty

I can't even get started... any tips ?

Spoiler
can't power cannons or shields fast enough
can't turp a wall quick enough (close but not quite)
dead every time :-(
[close]

Sorrontis

Quote from: knighty on November 12, 2015, 04:02:37 PM
I can't even get started... any tips ?

Spoiler
can't power cannons or shields fast enough
can't turp a wall quick enough (close but not quite)
dead every time :-(
[close]

you need to build up energy quickly, and access the ore for AC in the first minutes of the map. Fill up your square with AC, terp small walls (3-4 height) in squares around your base (see the 8 points? those are terp wall references)

PMouser

i cant do this, i just cant get enough energy, i cant beat the big rush, ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

knighty

Quote from: Sorrontis on November 12, 2015, 05:05:41 PMyou need to build up energy quickly, and access the ore for AC in the first minutes of the map. Fill up your square with AC, terp small walls (3-4 height) in squares around your base (see the 8 points? those are terp wall references)

I can't survive the rush at the start, tried wall, tried cannons

I must be missing something ?

(I used to be better than this, but fell 20ft and landed on my head a few months back, still a bit groggy)

Sorrontis

what ever you do, don't nullify the node at the center until you are ready. nullify it before the time runs out

PMouser

ok, but i just cant get ready in the time limit. there is just not enough energy to stop the onslot even  from nulification
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Sorrontis

you have to build really fast. don't let your energy go into the red, or you'll build slower

knighty

must have tried about 10 times now, I can't get the wall up before the creep gets me

dropping 3 bases in, 4 collectors then 2 terps

tried a few other things, more collectors, 3 terps, cannons

nothing seams to work for me

I must be missing something ?

Sorrontis

the walls only need to be 3 or 4 high, you'll need at least 8 terps

knighty

its the very first wall / creeper rush I'm stuck with

trying to do a 1thick lvl2 wall around me to keep the creeper out

but the creeper is always in the center by about 1min 15sec and I'm dead

I can almost wall it out... but there's always a couple of gaps it comes in through

this is how I try to start