Custom Map #2779: Mars Attacks 3. By: Dp

Started by AutoPost, November 09, 2015, 06:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2779: Mars Attacks 3

Author: Dp
Size: 120x120

Desc:
Final map of the Mars series, the humans have taken a last stand in a series of valleys. It won't be easy, it won't be quick. Finish them! #PAC

Loren Pechtel

Easy?  It's got me stumped.  I've got 11 PZs and can't make any more progress.

Portelly

The real difficulty is to find your way. Use the upper terrain to isolate the SW CN. After that convert your spore to emitter and let it flow.

EDIT : Great map and don't stop.

D0m0nik

Haha, I said it wont be easy!!! It is a bit too grindy to be honest, not my best map!

Spoiler

The key to this one is cut down the middle of the map and take out the ore and cut power off to the South West CN. The map can be speeded up by occasionally switching emitters to spores and vice versa as there are a few exposed areas. The whole map can be won with only using one spore at the start to take the totem and then just powering through with creep
[close]

Thanks for the comments Portelly!

isj4

I took a different tactic: isolate the northeast CN, and then punch through with spores. The northeast CN only has 4 regular beams and 7 spores can do the trick with proper timing and simultaneous creeper push.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on November 10, 2015, 01:49:21 PM
Haha, I said it wont be easy!!! It is a bit too grindy to be honest, not my best map!

Spoiler

The key to this one is cut down the middle of the map and take out the ore and cut power off to the South West CN. The map can be speeded up by occasionally switching emitters to spores and vice versa as there are a few exposed areas. The whole map can be won with only using one spore at the start to take the totem and then just powering through with creep
[close]

Thanks for the comments Portelly!

The point I'm at doesn't work that way--I can't power through anywhere.

D0m0nik

Hey Loren

If you post a screen shot I will gladly point you in the right direction. However there is one potential issue, if you leave it too long the AC continues to build as the bottom sprayers are set to 'always on'.

If you have found a path to 11 PZs but have taken a long time it may be worth starting over if the map is heavily flooded in AC

Johnny Haywire

One key point I try to remember - Games are supposed to be fun. Don't stress. Just keep hammerin' at stuff and it'll eventually die if you hit it the right way. If it doesn't die, try hammerin' a different way.

Teamwork makes the dream function. Be in it to win the battle. Go big or go to your house.

Thanks for the map! Not the zaniest or most fun PAC map of all time, but a solid challenge and excellent topography!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on November 10, 2015, 04:49:19 PM
Hey Loren

If you post a screen shot I will gladly point you in the right direction. However there is one potential issue, if you leave it too long the AC continues to build as the bottom sprayers are set to 'always on'.

If you have found a path to 11 PZs but have taken a long time it may be worth starting over if the map is heavily flooded in AC

That very well might be the issue.  I've never been good at doing these things fast.

isj4

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on November 12, 2015, 10:33:52 AM
Quote from: D0m0nik on November 10, 2015, 04:49:19 PM

That very well might be the issue.  I've never been good at doing these things fast.

I took a long time (2 hours) but I did not find the AC too much trouble.
A screenshot could help us help you.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

yum-forum

DOmOnik-san! I finished all Your 3 MARS maps with great pleasure!  :)
This last map was very fun and not stressy because no void and no Bertha!  ;)
Fantastic design of terrain and very good planning of game-play.
Creeper side playing very sad (clever computer!) and maybe creeper need some helps from runners?
For example, if You make path to Runner Nest then runners (very few (2, 3 or 4) number) helps? Is it possible?

P.S. My GOD (Game On Desire) : MARS-4 with no void and no Bertha and helpful runners.  ;)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

D0m0nik

Arigatou gozaimasu Yum!

I do feel that we are in need of a new PAC map, there have been very few lately! I will try and make time for one.

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on June 01, 2016, 11:53:04 AM
Arigatou gozaimasu Yum!

I do feel that we are in need of a new PAC map, there have been very few lately! I will try and make time for one.

WOW!  :)
With runners?  ;)
last

D0m0nik

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on June 01, 2016, 01:18:38 PM
Yeah possibly!

W  :) W!  Game will be   C  8) 8) 8) L!

New type of PAC-maps! It will be interesting competition between runners and snipers...
last