Custom Map #2743: Target On Your Back. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 30, 2015, 11:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2743: Target On Your Back

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 129x129

Desc:
Another fun map by moi! #Sorrontis #NoCRPL #Digitalis #NoRunners #NoSpores #2000Emitter #DelayedEmitters

hbarudi

The siphon, sniper, beam, and thor are disabled. However, 2000 emitter and only 1 bertha cost 500 and no thor is not acceptable when there is the most powerful emitter in the game without stuff to better fight that much creeper.

Sorrontis

Quote from: hbarudi on October 30, 2015, 11:28:36 PM
The siphon, sniper, beam, and thor are disabled. However, 2000 emitter and only 1 bertha cost 500 and no thor is not acceptable when there is the most powerful emitter in the game without stuff to better fight that much creeper.

I make maps to challenge myself and those who like my maps. Sometimes they're a hit, other times the flop. It's a game :)

Also, siphon/sniper/beam are useless in this map.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

who's player "d" ? 26 minutes, I wonder if he was able to nullify the center before the 2000 emitter is operational.

I have a theory that Alter Old can take out the center in the first 5 minutes before the 500 emitter turns on.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Jerdog

Thanks for the vanilla map.  My favorite kind.  I could have shaven quite a few minutes off if had remembered the singularity.  Why do I always forget about the singularity?

Jerdog

A question for you:  how do you make perfect circles?

Sorrontis

Quote from: Jerdog on October 31, 2015, 02:44:25 PM
A question for you:  how do you make perfect circles?
Place a core with this crpl, and let it run at 4x for a few seconds, it clears a circle. I can make a better one, but this was just so easy.
For bands, start w/ the largest circle, change terrain height, and radius as you get smaller and smaller.

CurrentCoords 35 RandCoordsInRange ->x ->y
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain

#Repeat multiple times per iteration
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain
<-x <-y -1 SetTerrain

warren

Random coordinates?  ;D The monte carlo approach. I am quite surprised and amused.

Sorrontis

Quote from: warren on November 01, 2015, 07:48:32 AM
Random coordinates?  ;D The monte carlo approach. I am quite surprised and amused.

Well, it worked :)

Also, did I just find the gambler of the group? or the mathematician?

ak

Quote from: Sorrontis on November 01, 2015, 10:04:08 AM

It should work just fine if you're not in a hurry -- figuring out how long this should take is called the coupon collector's problem, and takes expected time on the order of n log(n) for n pixels.  :P

ak

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 31, 2015, 01:25:04 AM
who's player "d" ? 26 minutes, I wonder if he was able to nullify the center before the 2000 emitter is operational.

I have a theory that Alter Old can take out the center in the first 5 minutes before the 500 emitter turns on.
The 2000 emitter was going strong at 20 minutes.  I think it started around 15?  It was obvious because the Bertha stopped clearing the center.  I could do it a couple of minutes faster.  I would believe Alter Old could do it in under 10.

J

Quote from: Sorrontis on November 01, 2015, 10:04:08 AM

Mathematician/informatician. You made me laugh at that script. Just learned about monte carlo two weeks ago, preparing for the codecup. There's a free, non-MC circle-making script available in one of the story maps, Mistet. I used it for my latest map too.

Sorrontis

Oh, I'll have to look up the mistet map. I haven't scoured the previous maps for codes. maybe I should have :)

D0m0nik

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 31, 2015, 01:25:04 AM

I am not sure about the sub 5 mins even for Alter! You can beat this map with minimal units and power though.

Spoiler
A bertha on a PZ aimed at the center will stop it spilling out over the edges. A singularity weapon and a floating CN can make short work of the center of the map
[close]

Enjoyed the design of the map, makes you think a little outside of the box!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: hbarudi on October 30, 2015, 11:28:36 PM

Siphons, snipers and beams have no role on this map, disabling them doesn't make it harder.

You do have one goodie that works and it's enough.

Spoiler
Once I had the creeper pushed back to it's central island one singularity shot and it was all over.
[close]