Custom Map #2719: I Apologize in Advance. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 22, 2015, 01:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2719: I Apologize in Advance

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 146x168

Desc:
You read the title. #Sorrontis #NoRunners #Digitalis #Spore #2000CountEmitter #TechArtifacts #AoO

RealAndy

No need to apologise, a fun map with some challenge.

A hint for when you get stuck:
Spoiler
[/
Float the command note to nullify the no-fly-zone to the west, then it is possible to conquer the whole western side.
spoiler]
[close]

Sorrontis

RnR, you crazy fool! That's an interesting time. I guess I'll have to make it harder next time.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

RrR

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 22, 2015, 09:33:43 AM
RnR, you crazy fool! That's an interesting time. I guess I'll have to make it harder next time.
You gave me AoA. I used them efficiently. Expect much faster (sub 20 mins probably) if people use RealAndy's trick to its full potential.

stdout

Sorrontis

Quote from: RrR on October 22, 2015, 09:58:43 AM
Quote from: Sorrontis on October 22, 2015, 09:33:43 AM
You gave me AoA. I used them efficiently. Expect much faster (sub 20 mins probably) if people use RealAndy's trick to its full potential.

What is RealAndy's trick? I'm still relatively new to all this.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

RrR

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 22, 2015, 11:49:33 AM

What is RealAndy's trick? I'm still relatively new to all this.

To win the west (as he says above). It works, knocked a five minutes off my time but didn't manage to beat 20mins which I was aiming for. It's difficult to manage battles on three fronts and keep energy supplies up.

Sorrontis

I did not even notice that. That's how I beat the map, yet, my time is still 1h+ ... must be doing something wrong :) Were you able to defeat the 2k emitter before it leaves it's walls?

D0m0nik

Nice map, great battle on many fronts at the same time. RrRs time is excellent and will be very tough to beat let alone trying to do a sub 20 min. I am certainly going to have a replay or two to try to get close, really fun map.

stdout

Sorrontis,
Spoiler
once you take the spore tower on the west, use a relay plus the forge singularity weapon to take the bertha tech. Once you have that, you can use berthas on the two PZs on the southwest and you're on your way.
[close]

Sorrontis

Quote from: stdout on October 22, 2015, 01:06:36 PM
Sorrontis,
Spoiler
once you take the spore tower on the west, use a relay plus the forge singularity weapon to take the bertha tech. Once you have that, you can use berthas on the two PZs on the southwest and you're on your way.
[close]

I never saw it that way. that's beautiful. thanks! I'll have to remake the map with more challenge :)

RrR

I beat the the 2k emitter with five walls standing.

D0m0nik

i just replayed and got close to the 20 min mark but no cigar.

Spoiler
Bridging across to the left is essential but if you go to early you cannot advance North at the same time
[close]

really well balanced map as you can attack in multiple directions at the same time making power a tricky thing to balance.

The challenge is on, sub 20 mins anyone?? -Alter Old excluded ;) Perhaps 15 min?

Sorrontis

Quote from: RrR on October 22, 2015, 01:27:53 PM
I beat the the 2k emitter with five walls standing.

I have a feeling that's key to beating it quick. if the creeper escapes, its almost impossible to push out.

RrR

Beating 15 minutes will be hard - too many things to optimise. Beating 19 min was hard enough, but AlterOld can probably do it.