Custom Map #2704: edna04 - and level is rising. By: mumajz

Started by AutoPost, October 17, 2015, 01:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2704: edna04 - and level is rising

Author: mumajz
Size: 180x130

Desc:
Build defence and survive four raising of creeper level: to level 5 after 3 minutes, to level 8 after 8 minutes, to level 20 after 15 minutes, and to level 40 after 30 minutes Then you get nullifier and you can destroy your enemies.

Helper

Personal opinion, but no game is worth playing for more than a few minutes without Forge/Totems to improve performance.
With the almost total weapon restrictions, this would be a very long slog for me to play, but some people do enjoy this kind of challenge.
Thanks,
H

Sorrontis

I've learned. Always have totems. At least 1. Even if you don't plan players to need it.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

lividbishop

not getting it.

i waited for over an hour of game time i still see no way to get nullifer.

mumajz

Quote from: lividbishop on October 17, 2015, 08:59:12 PM
not getting it.

i waited for over an hour of game time i still see no way to get nullifer.

Emmiter will start work after 30 minutes neer the tech artifact and it will destroy walls. Then you can clear creeper and get nullifier.

mumajz

Quote from: Helper on October 17, 2015, 06:21:50 PM
Personal opinion, but no game is worth playing for more than a few minutes without Forge/Totems to improve performance.
With the almost total weapon restrictions, this would be a very long slog for me to play, but some people do enjoy this kind of challenge.
Thanks,
H

Yes, you are right. I prepared simpler (not public) version of this map with Forge/Totem for my wife. It is not help too much, because there is weapon restriction, but player can defend on smaller area without energy problems. I will remember it. Thanks.

D0m0nik

I enjoyed it but obviously did something wrong, 2hrs 20 mins and last place!

I enjoyed the balance of power/space/shields and then the challenge of pushing through over the wall, it was nicely done and the forge would have allowed someone to bunker down until upgraded and then easily beat the map. As it is you really have to work and I had various moments right the way through where the creeper broke through my defenses and it was a genuinely tense and nerve racking game (which is good!). Nice trick with the nullifier as well.

There is a place for very tough maps like this with very limited resources but just be prepared for a very low score! Don't be offended if it is not popular, just make more maps!

Helper

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 18, 2015, 11:28:29 AM
There is a place for very tough maps like this with very limited resources but just be prepared for a very low score! Don't be offended if it is not popular, just make more maps!

That is a great point and thanks for making it.
Plenty of room for all types of maps here.
H

D0m0nik

Cheers Helper.

I just replayed for a 1hr time, realised just how flawed my initial strategy was.

Spoiler
For my first attempt I built a vertical base (I was drawn by the energy) and had a nightmare defending it on all sides. 2nd go I built along the bottom left of the screen and built a height 10 platform right up to the emitters. It was a piece of cake this time round.
[close]

knighty

yeah I'm stuck... I can get my base setup, surrounded by shields to keep the creep out, can get the nullifier no problem

but then with only 6 cannons I can't push out of the base at all

built a wall on the left and tried pushing out right, didn't get anywhere

with the wall on the left I could push out with 3 cannons on the right, but didn't get anywhere
(can't push creep back with 3 cannons + shields)

tried terraforming a platform on the right and pushing that out, but didn't get anywhere

tried again with a lvl 9 platform with a lvl10 wall along it so the cannons couldn't fire over it to focus their fire forward... still didn't get anywhere :-(

any tips/ideas ?

RrR

I think the best strategy is to
Spoiler
terp a ten high platform across the south of the map on one side or other of the void, extending far enough to put a nullifier on the end. The platform can be extended after the emitters are all at full strength, but is so much easier before hand.
[close]