Custom Map #2701: Ghost Town. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 17, 2015, 01:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2701: Ghost Town

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 128x128

Desc:
I should have named this map "hell" If you don't like wanton destruction, this map is not for you. There are 4 ghost emitters, just so you know. Also, enjoy watching the ghost town. #GhostEmitter #CRPL #Sorrontis #RandomDestruction

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

A little confusing but I enjoyed it. The big 'tears' across the screen were very impressive.Bit confused as at first I thought I had to protect the houses! Some interesting ideas but as usual some will moan about the random aspects.

Sorrontis

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 17, 2015, 05:59:45 AM
A little confusing but I enjoyed it. The big 'tears' across the screen were very impressive.Bit confused as at first I thought I had to protect the houses! Some interesting ideas but as usual some will moan about the random aspects.

but... but I warned them :( (j/k)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

but... but I warned them :( (j/k)
[/quote]

Haha, you did indeed! Your maps are great and I personally enjoy some random elements, it is a whole new angle to the game.  :D

bringerofdeath

can you post the cprl for the ghost emitter gives me an idea for an insane level

Sorrontis

sure:

once
$time:3600
0 ->setting
Self CONST_NULLIFIERDAMAGES 0 SetUnitAttribute
$exploding:0
$amount:25000000
$renew:1800
$decoy:0
Self "main" "Custom0" SetImage
endonce

<-time eq0 if
1 ->setting
Self "main" "None" SetImage
CurrentCoords 9999 GetUnitCountInRange 1 gt if
RandUnitCoords 15 QueueMove
else
RandCoords 15 QueueMove
endif
<-renew ->time

Self CONST_NULLIFIERDAMAGES GetUnitAttribute eq0 if
Self CONST_NULLIFIERDAMAGES 1 SetUnitAttribute
else
Self CONST_NULLIFIERDAMAGES 0 SetUnitAttribute
endif endif

<-decoy eq0 if
<-setting 1 eq if
GetQueuedMoveCount 0 gt if
CurrentCoords 1 AddCreeper
endif endif endif

<-setting 1 eq if
GetQueuedMoveCount eq0 if
0 ->setting
RandCoords 50 QueueMove
endif endif

<-time 1 sub ->time

:destroyed
<-exploding 1 eq if
CurrentCoords ->x0 ->y0
<-x0 4 add ->x1
<-x0 4 sub ->x2
<-y0 4 add ->y3
<-y0 4 sub ->y4
CreateUnit("EMITTER" <-y0 <-x2) ->child1
SetScriptVar(<-child1 0 "productionInterval" 15)
SetScriptVar(<-child1 0 "productionAmt" <-amount)
CreateUnit("EMITTER" <-y0 <-x1) ->child2
SetScriptVar(<-child2 0 "productionInterval" 15)
SetScriptVar(<-child2 0 "productionAmt" <-amount)
CreateUnit("EMITTER" <-y3 <-x0) ->child3
SetScriptVar(<-child3 0 "productionInterval" 15)
SetScriptVar(<-child3 0 "productionAmt" <-amount)
CreateUnit("EMITTER" <-y4 <-x0) ->child4
SetScriptVar(<-child4 0 "productionInterval" 15)
SetScriptVar(<-child4 0 "productionAmt" <-amount)
endif

<-decoy 1 eq if
CreateUnit("EMITTER" CurrentCoords) ->child5
SetScriptVar(<-child1 0 "productionInterval" 15)
SetScriptVar(<-child1 0 "productionAmt" <-amount)
endif

CurrentCoords 500 AddCreeper

Sorrontis

Have fun the CRPL, don't forget to mention me. I'll play your map :)

Helper

Sorrontis

Quote from: Helper on October 17, 2015, 04:52:39 PM
"Attribution" is a very fine thing.
H

What is attribution? Not a word in my vocabulary

Helper

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 17, 2015, 08:46:23 PM

Giving credit where credit is due. If someone uses the product of your efforts, they should 'attribute/acknowledge' your contribution.

Sorry - The pedant in me slipped out whilst I wasn't watching.
H

Sorrontis

Quote from: Helper on October 18, 2015, 05:49:34 AM
Quote from: Sorrontis on October 17, 2015, 08:46:23 PM

Giving credit where credit is due. If someone uses the product of your efforts, they should 'attribute/acknowledge' your contribution.

Sorry - The pedant in me slipped out whilst I wasn't watching.
H

Thank you. And don't worry, english is my second language. I've been speaking it for a long while, but once in a while, I encounter something new :)

Flash1225

I'm scared. The description says g-g-g-ghost emitters, and moreover, those houses have something to do with them... I'm keeping an eye out for minor details in the map so.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

Flash1225

Quote from: Flash1225 on October 18, 2015, 06:09:52 PM
I'm scared. The description says g-g-g-ghost emitters, and moreover, those houses have something to do with them... I'm keeping an eye out for minor details in the map so.
Welp, **** just happened...
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

Flash1225

OKAY OKAY OKAY I got a good grasp of the situation. The ghost emitters work like really fast spores that leave creeper along their path. They target a random unit and will destroy everything in its path. Not sure if it will stop if it hits another unit along the way, but if so, it'll probably take another path to get to its target. I have a feeling those houses control when the phenomena happen...