Custom Map #2659: PACland 2. By: J

Started by AutoPost, October 10, 2015, 08:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2659: PACland 2

Author: J
Size: 128x84

Desc:
#PAC Trapped between three heavily fortified bases, you must find a way to build up enough power to send those command nodes back home. #PlayAsCreeper #Jmaps

isj4

Well-balanced map.

It looks easy but the difficulty is constant until you go for the last CN which is easy at that point.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

Loren Pechtel

I'm having zero luck getting a second PZ.

J

Thanks for the comments.  :)

This was my first map that started it's life in MSPaint, seems to have paid off. Still interested if players actually took the intended route.

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on October 11, 2015, 09:56:28 AM
I'm having zero luck getting a second PZ.
Do you have both totems connected? It might help to first destroy the mortar and cannon on the right before heading for one of the two PZ's. Make sure you build digi on dead unit locations so they don't get rebuild.

RrR

Quote from: J on October 11, 2015, 10:01:19 AM

Still interested if players actually took the intended route.
Spoiler
South to the PZ, west with a spore assisted attack, then west again to the guppy charged cluster (hard), then anticlockwise
[close]

isj4

Spoiler

South, then NW, and NW corner (hard). Then guppy-charged cluster. Then SW CN.
After that attack enough of north CN from the west so the relay is destroyed.
Then NE corner (a bit tricky).
Then the North cluster becomes energy-starved and is easy to take from either side.
Then simply SE cluster.
[close]

J

Spoiler

S (ore mine), NW (collector), NW (relay), NE (relay/strafer), SE CN, guppy charged cluster, SW CN, N CN.
I probably attacked the northern CN from the wrong side because I still had some troubles with it. The rest was pretty consistent in difficulty for me.
After capturing your 4th PZ you have 2 options (two area's are not protected by beams), both of you took the route I considered too hard, but I can understand that a PZ strafer makes it almost impossible to spread digi into the NE corner.
[close]

Note that once the center collectors are destroyed, all CN's have independent networks, except for the guppy to the NE corner.

Mozai

Managed to take out the first CN (in the indended order, as per the spoilers above), but I'm having a hell of a time attacking the other CNs.  My progress to east gets cut off completely with every pass of that flier.  I see there's a gap at the very south edge of the map, but the flier still manages to shoot it off when I get down there.  I've tried growing digitalis so that it's still connected, but creeper just doesn't regenerate ont he digitalis fast enough.

Gonna take a break, come back to this later.

isj4

Quote from: Mozai on October 25, 2015, 06:49:32 PM
but I'm having a hell of a time attacking the other CNs.

Hint:
Spoiler

Take out the NE corner power supply. That will stop the flyer.
That is not enough though, due to the mortars. Change a PZ into a spore tower (I think I used the center) and aim precisely and spread digitalis in the NE corner using the field tool.
Then the north cluster slowly get energy-starved and you can creep in from the right.
[close]