Custom Map #2632: Uq8 PerSc 21. 00. By: Pastor.Healer

Started by AutoPost, October 05, 2015, 11:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2632: Uq8 PerSc 21. 00

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 213x93

Desc:
Alright... a little coffee, a bagel, maybe some cereal, a nap, maybe a walk around the block... otherwise, pretty easy... :)

PMouser

how is this easy? i cant find a safe place for base. ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Hatsee

Quote from: PMouser on October 06, 2015, 03:42:57 AM
how is this easy? i cant find a safe place for base. ty
Just starting myself...

Spoiler
Set speed to 4x and watch it for a few minutes, you'll see your base spot. 
[close]

Good luck.

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

D0m0nik

What is this sorcery??!! You have excelled yourself, truly evil. Have to save this for another day though, need that nap first!

RrR

Perhaps the hardest PH map ever...

I made a few mistakes and got a slower time than I could have had

Spoiler
Forges are not targeted by spores - get some energy upgrades in early
[close]

applemachome

I've got a good base set up but no clue what to do from there.  I think you bested me on this P.H

pastor.healer

Way to go Miss Melissa and DylanG!  Nice times...  :)

svartmes

This map had me stumped for awhile. I finally beat it but I'm still not sure if I did it "right"...

btw pastor.healer how do you manage to keep such a pace at mapmaking? :D All your maps are really good (some of my favorites) and yet you seem to pump out several each week. I recently began dabbling in mapmaking and found besides the design itself that balancing and playtesting takes a lot of time. It would be interesting to hear about your process.

RrR

Quote from: applemachome on October 06, 2015, 09:13:56 PM
I've got a good base set up but no clue what to do from there.  I think you bested me on this P.H

Spoiler
There is an area just to the north of the initial base where you can build a second base. Use a bertha and a couple of blasters to clear it out.
[close]

applemachome

Quote from: RrR on October 07, 2015, 02:34:14 AM
Quote from: applemachome on October 06, 2015, 09:13:56 PM

Spoiler
There is an area just to the north of the initial base where you can build a second base. Use a bertha and a couple of blasters to clear it out.
[close]

Thanks!

I let mine sit a while to build up the Forge, so ill bring down the average for this one quite a bit O.o

RrR

There is now a very low time posted - when I am still confined to the start location - congratulations to Miss Melissa who I suspect
Spoiler
used the singularity & a guppy to win
[close]
I keep getting wiped out on this map - energy is tight in the beginning and if the beam runs out of power briefly it has to zap two spores at once and cannot draw power fast enough. I suppose I ought to save occasionally

pastor.healer

AMH.... I am happy that you got through the map!   I see it took you a long time (wow) but you persevered! 
Well done!  :)  Right now you are 1 of 7 to make it.  As you hone our CW skills, your times will drop
substantially. 

D0m0nik

You pretty much hit it on the head RrR!

Spoiler
I added a bertha to cut down the creeper but realised when I finished that there was no need for it, the key is having enough aether to give you a good window from the singularity
[close]

DylanIs

Not a huge fan of the singularity, but no way I was going to fight through all of that.

Spoiler
I think I had about 400 aether when I sent the guppy over to the NE inhibitor.  Keep dropping command nodes in the landing spot to the east as you can tap those two totems as well to speed up the aether collection process.
[close]