Custom Map #2611: Nuhage N#80. By: Nuhages

Started by AutoPost, October 02, 2015, 12:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2611: Nuhage N#80

Author: Nuhages
Size: 190x91

Desc:
#PAC Have Fun. Feel Free To Rate and comment on Forum. Credits For PaC coding goes to stewbasic, stdout , teknotiss and Hubs. All you need for building a Pac map is on the Forum.

Vyndicu

Interesting start, I will be the first to admit to that!

I tried swap the top power spot and the spot that is under mortar attack. I thought I could use the top power spot as a spore tower but could not last long enough to reach the side power spots.

I can't use the wall power spot as either emitter or spore tower.

After some time of trying different approaches. I could not find a good way to progress except slowly burn down the wall in the south for nothing.

The biggest hurdle to overcome is to reach either side power spot and build up from there.

Nuhages

Quote from: Vyndicu on October 02, 2015, 08:30:35 PM

I tried swap the top power spot and the spot that is under mortar attack. I thought I could use the top power spot as a spore tower but could not last long enough to reach the side power spots.

After some time of trying different approaches. I could not find a good way to progress except slowly burn down the wall in the south for nothing.

The biggest hurdle to overcome is to reach either side power spot and build up from there.

Spoiler
1- Do not take first PZ
2- Do not try to go mid early
3-you'll need at least one spore at start.
[close]
I made a dream ... was map making on CW4

Vanguard

Quote from: Nuhages on October 03, 2015, 12:44:34 AM
Spoiler
1- Do not take first PZ
[close]
Spoiler

If I don´t take the first PZ, I cant get a spore tower, without a spore, I cannot advance. I honestly cannot make out what you are trying to say in those instructions. I just get swamped by AC no matter how I try to proceed.  :-\

[close]

applemachome

Quote from: Vanguard on October 03, 2015, 12:57:02 PM
Spoiler
1- Do not take first PZ
[close]
Spoiler

If I don´t take the first PZ, I cant get a spore tower, without a spore, I cannot advance. I honestly cannot make out what you are trying to say in those instructions. I just get swamped by AC no matter how I try to proceed.  :-\

[close]

Finally got it. 
Spoiler
Take out the left or right as soon as possible, then go for the opposite.  It may take a few tries.
[close]

Vanguard

Quote from: applemachome on October 03, 2015, 06:28:50 PM
Quote from: Vanguard on October 03, 2015, 12:57:02 PM
Spoiler
1- Do not take first PZ
[close]
Spoiler

[close]

Finally got it. 
Spoiler
Take out the left or right as soon as possible, then go for the opposite.  It may take a few tries.
[close]

TRied doing exactly that. Get stuck exactly one unit of Digitalis apart form building a new emitter. Just frustrating.

Vyndicu

Quote from: Vyndicu on October 02, 2015, 08:30:35 PM

Spoiler
1- Do not take first PZ
[close]

I manage to break out and grab both of side power zone AND held the first power zone after bit more of trying.

Spoiler
First off I manage to get enough d-growth to prevent the nullifier from ever complete building between bombardment. No point trying to get any more creep down there beside the d-growth until I can overwhelm them.

Then I used the first power zone to boost original emitter enough to overwhelm one side and keep going.

I am now at a point where I can start planning my next moves.
[close]

Nuhages

Sorry if my Spoil was not explicit. I'll do it again  ;D

Spoiler

Do not go forward!
Kill ths 2 canons shooting at you at start.
Then use the remainig side wall to stack some creep by pushing it. Once the wall falls you got your one chance to get the PZ.
Get a Spore tower on that PZ and shoot to the other side.
(If yout you are to slow to do this anticreep will overwhealm you, probably have to restart.)
Next step is kill the bombers and part of the ore income.
Again do not go mid now! Mid is verry powerfull .
Take both sides then bottom mid.
Finish the map.
[close]
I made a dream ... was map making on CW4

isj4

I went for another tactic.
Spoiler
I first took out the two cannons. I then took the PZ to the south. Built up plenty of digitalis, including where the pesky nullifier was getting built. I then changed the top PZ to a spore tower, and starting taking PZ to the left, then to the right. I then could make my way slowly to the shield PZs and take them with relative easy
[close]

I did encounter one weird thing. The two PZ cannons at the edge of the plain fields to SW and SE:
Spoiler
One was targeting digitalis and the other creeper from the visuals, but it turned out that they were both targeting digitalis which meant they were easy to run over with creeper. Is that a bug in the map?
[close]
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

Vyndicu

Quote from: Nuhages on October 04, 2015, 12:23:42 AM
Sorry if my Spoil was not explicit. I'll do it again  ;D

Spoiler

Do not go forward!
Kill ths 2 canons shooting at you at start.
Then use the remainig side wall to stack some creep by pushing it. Once the wall falls you got your one chance to get the PZ.
Get a Spore tower on that PZ and shoot to the other side.
(If yout you are to slow to do this anticreep will overwhealm you, probably have to restart.)
Next step is kill the bombers and part of the ore income.
Again do not go mid now! Mid is verry powerfull .
Take both sides then bottom mid.
Finish the map.
[close]

Spoiler
I only went south far enough to prevent the nullifier from being build like isj4 did. Then I used the arrow thingy and both emitter focusing on taking out the side power zones. I manage to break through the AC fairly easy past 25 min.

I manage to kill 4 of the AC tower and get about 4 power zones on the far side, shield and bomber ones, and doing fairly well.

Perhaps I will go back and re-try the start again later.
[close]

Vanguard

Spoiler
What did it for me was defintily to put some digitalis on the places where the first two cannons are. You have to use the walls for that. If you don´t get digitalis up there from the start, you will have a very hard time ( like me ).
[close]

A very tough map.

isj4

Quote from: isj4 on October 04, 2015, 08:48:49 AM

I did encounter one weird thing. The two PZ cannons at the edge of the plain fields to SW and SE: One was targeting digitalis and the other creeper from the visuals, but it turned out that they were both targeting digitalis which meant they were easy to run over with creeper. Is that a bug in the map?

Turns out to be more complicated than that. The non-digitalis cannon appears to target creeper on the highest terrain - not the nearest as usual.

J

Quote from: isj4 on October 04, 2015, 02:11:06 PM
The non-digitalis cannon appears to target creeper on the highest terrain - not the nearest as usual.
Cannons are made to target creeper on their own terrain level before attacking lower creeper. Can be observed in any map.

isj4