Custom Map #2606: PowerDive. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 01, 2015, 10:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2606: PowerDive

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 166x166

Desc:
Design map for the final "Creeper's Revenge." Be careful of the hostile AoO, also pay attention to the sewer line. #HostileAOO #CreeperSewer #Pulsar #Sorrontis #Spores #Digitalis #Runner #AOO

PMouser

huh, need spoiler here. how to save that new building in creeper fort? ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Sorrontis

Quote from: PMouser on October 01, 2015, 02:18:11 PM
huh, need spoiler here. how to save that new building in creeper fort? ty

explain? that should be an enemy building. it shoots Mass AoO at you

Spoiler
specifically, after the first 10 minutes and every 6 minutes thereafter
[close]
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ThomBat

Mostly I like to play without reloading, but having the mass driver wipe out my forge (so losing all the upgrades and unspent aether) was just too much pain so then I resorted to "reload camping", waiting for it to target something far enough away from my critical structures.

So far it seems entirely random - I was hoping I could lure it with a juicy concentration of reactors or collectors, etc, then use the new PZ strategically. Is there any pattern to the strikes?

Sorrontis

Quote from: ThomBat on October 01, 2015, 08:48:33 PM
Mostly I like to play without reloading, but having the mass driver wipe out my forge (so losing all the upgrades and unspent aether) was just too much pain so then I resorted to "reload camping", waiting for it to target something far enough away from my critical structures.

So far it seems entirely random - I was hoping I could lure it with a juicy concentration of reactors or collectors, etc, then use the new PZ strategically. Is there any pattern to the strikes?

so far, it attacks your units randomly. I'd have to write more code to get it to target intelligently. AI isn't my strong suite.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ThomBat

Jolly good fun anyway - thanks for another engaging slog  :D

Sorrontis

Peter R

Well done, Sorrontis, this map. High fun factor! I enjoyed every second playing it.   8)
And what a enemy, dropping some beautiful fountains in my yard  ;)

Jerdog

I didn't find it sloggish at all.  Just gotta strike fast.

The pain was finding all the invisible emitters to actually end the thing.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Jerdog on October 05, 2015, 06:44:02 PM
I didn't find it sloggish at all.  Just gotta strike fast.

The pain was finding all the invisible emitters to actually end the thing.

Those were supposed to be set so nullifying them was not necessary.