Custom Map #2601: ImprL 71.229 RrR. By: Pastor.Healer

Started by AutoPost, September 29, 2015, 02:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2601: ImprL 71.229 RrR

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 193x97

Desc:
A little something for the coffee drinkers...

lividbishop

i would love a clue!

love your maps, just can't seem to get anywhere with them.

RealAndy

I realised it was a Pastor Healer map as soon as I shot my first bug, creeper exploded everywhere.  Is there something I don't know, I just don't get how it is possible when if I don't shoot them most things are disabled, and if I do shoot them my base is overwhelmed with creeper.  Seems to be a common theme and I've stopped trying these types of maps.

Helper

I noted that PH took almost an hour to complete this. It is going to be a very long game for most players.
I took out the 4 targets nearest the landing places, then started working on the Spore Towers with Guppies. Bad mistake.
I think the technique needs to include a whole bunch of Beams, because once the Spores start flying they just keep on coming.
Not sure how many Beams it will take to survive, but I think the actual number is: A LOT.
H

RrR

Quote from: Helper on September 29, 2015, 08:25:13 AM
I took out the 4 targets nearest the landing places, then started working on the Spore Towers with Guppies. Bad mistake.
The four nearest targets are not going to harm you (at least not for a very long time), they just stun units
Spoiler
but not the CN
[close]
. The 16 supercharged spore towers can easily be nullified before they fire.

Then the map gets hard/interesting.
Spoiler
PZ berthas help a lot
[close]

Peter R

I guess I'm not patient enough. Maybe too much coffee?

Spoiler
I've got a lot of guppies doing a wonderful job up to the no-fly-area, carrying energy and AC. From there on a lot of relays up to a nullifier near the endpoints. But after a complete lunch, the situation is exactly the same. The relays keep on getting disabled by the runners.
Result: An unfinished game.  >:(
[close]

Do I miss something here or should I make another lunch and more coffee?

pastor.healer

Tremendous time RrR!   :o

The method I have for getting through my own maps is to think through what it is going to take
to get through my maps...  Knowing there are only two ways to get past the bugs, sneak by or
wack em'.  In order to wack em' you better have a lot of strength in power and numbers.

And lastly... get a cup of coffee... it's going to be a long fight.  :)

RrR

Could be done quite a bit faster now I know what works
Spoiler
brute force
[close]

and what doesn't
Spoiler
trying to distract runners
[close]