Custom Map #2482: Creeper's Revenge 7. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, September 09, 2015, 01:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2482: Creeper's Revenge 7

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 190x190

Desc:
Survive 30 minutes, or if you're really good, destroy everything and collect all artifacts before the time ends. - - - Ramping emitters, the nasty ones, will bump your game time by 2.5 minutes each time 1 is destroyed. Remember this fact, it may save your life, if you time it well. - - - Score is augmented by the number of PowerZones (aka emitters destroyed) before the timer runs out. - - - Don't let the creeper touch your power cell. - - - To anyone that can collect and build a Thor, screen shot it.

Sorrontis

Here it is friends, my nasty survival map.

The exact score boost is 50 per PZ.

Spoiler
There are a few spawning emitters, there is a pattern though. Figure it out, and you're golden.
[close]
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Helper

Another fine mess you've gotten us in to!
Great fun to play, but I think I need to go take a nap.
Semi-intense.
:)
Thanks,
H

Sorrontis

Glad you liked it.

Also, my map caught a cheater! That's awesome!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Helper

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 09, 2015, 09:37:27 AM
I noticed that 10 minutes score, but just thought someone was smoking good. Wait until Alter Ego checks in. Always good to have a benchmark set by a known super-star.
H

Sorrontis

Quote from: Helper on September 09, 2015, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: Sorrontis on September 09, 2015, 09:37:27 AM
I noticed that 10 minutes score, but just thought someone was smoking good. Wait until Alter Ego checks in. Always good to have a benchmark set by a known super-star.
H

Although I agree, you'll notice if you destroy the ramping emitters, your clock gets bumped by 2.5minutes. There's nine, so if you destroy them all, your clock bumps up 22.5 minutes :)

RrR

I built the Thor (not very difficult to do) and destroyed all but three emitters. Difficult to get them all with the time bump.
Spoiler
Use the AoA wisely
[close]

Sorrontis

Quote from: RrR on September 09, 2015, 05:11:06 PM
I built the Thor (not very difficult to do) and destroyed all but three emitters. Difficult to get them all with the time bump.
Spoiler
Use the AoA wisely
[close]

Spoiler
Actually. I got the thor too after a couple of tries. not hard at all. just need to sacrifice a single Conver AOO, and time it with a CN movement. really easy.
[close]

D0m0nik

Wow, that was a great map, I'm sure you put a huge amount of work into it and it shows, amazing job. I came a respectable 11th out of 11, happy just to finish at all! I didn't actually want to finish, I had taken control of the top half of the map and was working down both sides but the better you do the shorter your game, nice twist.

Sorrontis

Glad you liked it! It's meant to be a real challenge to kill all the emitters :)

Helper

Just saw the Thor comments and might have to give this another go. I gave up on it the first time.

@D0m0nik - you need to sort by 'Score', not 'Time'.
We all had 30:00 for Time.
You had the third best score (ignore that first one).
Nice work.
H

D0m0nik

Sorrontis - would that not mean completing the map in 7.5 mins? Hmmm, may be tricky. I was able to take out 4 nasty emitters, the nest and a few spores. Plus a few of the hidden extras!

Anyone got close to taking out most of the original 9 main emitters?

Helper - Just out of interest, what factors go into determining score?

Loren Pechtel

Apparently I'm not good enough.  Great floods of creeper appear outside my base before I'm in a position to deal with them and I die.

Sorrontis

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 11, 2015, 03:12:50 PM
a) Sorrontis - would that not mean completing the map in 7.5 mins? Hmmm, may be tricky. I was able to take out 4 nasty emitters, the nest and a few spores. Plus a few of the hidden extras!

Anyone got close to taking out most of the original 9 main emitters?

b) Helper - Just out of interest, what factors go into determining score?

a) I modify the game clock. So if you are at 10minutes when you defeat one emitter, your game clock moves to 22.5 minutes. That is exactly why everyone has 30 minutes. I've actually made a version of the map that destroys everything in the first second (no tech artifacts) and you finish at 22.5 (and change) minutes. So yes, real time, you've could have only played 7.5 minutes, but your score will still show 30 minutes. :D

b) usually, its the completion time. however, in this map, it gives 50 points per powerzone when your clock goes to 30 min.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 11, 2015, 03:18:04 PM
Apparently I'm not good enough.  Great floods of creeper appear outside my base before I'm in a position to deal with them and I die.

Loren, first off. You might want to destroy that runners nest (there's 2 ways of doing it), and also building 6 or so terps to get those defense walls up. get energy ready really quickly, look in the river, you'll see resources, capture as much as possible using the cheap (1 cost) syphons.