Custom Map #2394: Creeper's Revenge Pt. 4. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, August 13, 2015, 12:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2394: Creeper's Revenge Pt. 4

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 130x130

Desc:
The adventure continues. Skars and Lia find something interesting. Why are these worlds always so well protected. Warning! Random Creeper Rain. Build fast, build hard, build redundancies.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

pastor.healer

This might be my all time favorite map.  Nice job Sorrontis!  :)

Sorrontis

Thanks! Next one will be a doozy. I've been working on the CPRL code for a while. So it'll be interesting.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

pastor.healer

If your future maps are anything like this one, I can't wait!  Keep doing well... :)

Sorrontis

Have you played the previous maps (there's 7 more), 3 are part of the same story.

Jerdog

You like this?

Random creeper rain is my reason to skip it.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Jerdog on August 14, 2015, 11:43:07 AM
You like this?

Random creeper rain is my reason to skip it.

That's a fair point. That's why I put warnings in my descriptions. It's not major rain, and it occurs ~8-12 minutes. So, you'll see it 3 times in the average play.

stdout

It was a good map and I was having fun but when the rain came I quit. Games with random destruction aren't my cup of tea, although I recognize there are others who like it.

Sorrontis

Quote from: stdout on August 14, 2015, 01:10:46 PM
It was a good map and I was having fun but when the rain came I quit. Games with random destruction aren't my cup of tea, although I recognize there are others who like it.

You're not going to like CR pt 8. :P Although 5-7 should be without randomnized death.

Helper

Games with random destruction rate right up there next to games with no Totems/Forge - but this was manageable.
:)
That first rainfall came earlier than I expected, but I was able to back up and get better prepared.
You continue to make some of the best games currently on the board, and we can only hope that you don't team up with 'paster.healer' for some nigh unto impossible battles.
Thanks for what you're doing.
H

Sorrontis

thanks for the the compliment.

Hey pastor.healer, I think we have a request :P

Helper

D0m0nik

This is one of the best 'random' destruction maps I have played, you can plan for it as it is predictable and so you just adjust your strategy to accommodate it.

'Random' is often a derogatory remark on here but I think it is just another challenging aspect of the game and if it is done correctly (as here) then it adds another dimension.

Thanks for the fun maps   :)

Sorrontis

I'm really happy you liked it. I know most people don't like the random destruction maps, so I tried to make it a minor aspect.

My other map (Volcanic Activity) was ill prepared, and it showed in the ratings. Now I know what people like, so I can add a challenge without frustrating too many people. Also, I place warnings in the descriptions for those who don't even want to play them. It's valid.