Custom Map #2379: the wall of flesh. By: TheFireFox

Started by AutoPost, August 07, 2015, 11:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2379: the wall of flesh

Author: TheFireFox
Size: 256x256

Desc:
a good fun map, gets harder the longer you take to compleet the map. it has a limit to how menny things you can build on some of the things you take for granted and will give you a good feeling to get that next tech installment as it will help you, spors too XD

Loren Pechtel

Easy enough to take the top, the bottom is tough nut to crack given the anti-air and limited weapons.

Then after I got the inhibitor I still had to clean up a ton of creep to collect the last tech.

PMouser

i dont know how to do this, i cant see a way to get the stuff. ty. and no terp so i cant make good use of the land. how to do this. the walls dont last,
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: PMouser on August 07, 2015, 08:07:59 PM
i dont know how to do this, i cant see a way to get the stuff. ty

I didn't get a bunch of the stuff until it was over.

PMouser

huh, i have so much trouble playing energy starved, i failed other maps over it
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

ChaosMaster130

The bottom was cakewalk easy for me to get.
Spoiler
Just drop a CN by the bottom right emitter and null it quickly, then just blockade the left while you get a thor up
[close]
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

mzimmer74

Quote from: PMouser on August 08, 2015, 02:49:06 PM
huh, i have so much trouble playing energy starved, i failed other maps over it

There is no reason to be energy starved on this map.  There is an energy unit worth 9000 in the upper part of the map.  Start by dropping a CN by that and building a siphon and drop your second CN by the reactor tech just to the west of there.  Then build the 6 reactors you have.  You can pick up a bunch of the tech with your other 2 CNs.  Just drop them nearby and build a collector and then send the CN back to orbit.  For example, I started on the middle East part to get some extra weapons (like the 3 Berthas).  There's even enough time to bring the CN back from orbit to the South of the main base area to collect another Bertha, 7 reactors, 10 bombers, 10 strafters, and to nullify the runner nest and possibly an AET or two.  I did all of that in the first 3 minutes before there was any danger at all.  Simply build some cannons to clear out your main base and you should be fine.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, finishing this map was cake actually - It took me 2x as long to collect all the stupid doo-dads all over the map to finish the game. Sorry for the hostility against this map, but maps with vulnerable inhibitors just ruin it for me. Forcing someone to collect stuff BEFORE the creeper is all dead, yeah I can get that.

Also, I wasn't sure if the intro was intentionally misspelled to make it funny, or just totally butchered by someone who had no idea how to spell and didn't think to first type the text into a document to see if it's spelled correctly. IMO, if you want it to be funny then misspell every word. If you really don't know how to spell well, that's ok please don't feel bad about yourself but next time type what you want to say into a word document on your computer first.

Overall, I didn't see the purpose of the map. It was too easy to be a challenge, contained too much busy-work to be fun, and the intro... yeah well. All I can say is thank you for taking the time to make a map and post it.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?