the name?

Started by rekrab, June 09, 2015, 09:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rekrab

I love creeper world!!! :D but I now focus my attention to the name of game 4!!!!!!
what will it be?!?!?!?! what I was wanting is the knuckle cracker staff pick there favorite names for the game!!!! ;)

my idea is cw4 undercover.now yours!!!!!

knucracker

That's a good idea... I'll check with the other staff and see what they think the name will be :)

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on June 09, 2015, 01:15:50 PM
That's a good idea... I'll check with the other staff and see what they think the name will be :)

I peeked in the ballot box and saw this:

Spoiler
[close]

Anonymeus

I've already suggested CWFTINCWF (Creeper World 4 That Is Not Creeper World 4) - it has a certain ring to it...  ;D

knucracker

Ok, I checked around the office and here's what each department came up with for the game name.

Marketing people:
"Marketyrion Lannister".  They said something about it being high on the scale of possible viral names.  That and it was something they had already been calling the game internally since Monday morning when somebody came in and thought it sounded cool.

Art Department:
They ignored me and I had to check back with them several times, but eventually one of them made a suggestion.
They suggested, "Aloof Surrealdom: The Unschedulable Chronicles"

Product Management:
"Really Good Awesome Strategy Game, but also fun for non strategy gamers, Game 4 of N. Vol 1. Episode 1, Version 1.0.0.0.0"
They also gave me 14 i18nized versions of the name and said they should all be shown on the game's title screen.

QA:
One of them said that subtitles had previously caused a blue screen during testing of CW3.  Another said it was probably the "colon" and suggested not using a colon in the title.  Another suggested that maybe the title would be a good place for some game instructions... since it was otherwise just wasted space on the title screen.  So they suggested calling the game, "Click a Menu Button below to Start the Game".

Development:
They suggested "Game 4", then somebody said "Game 3", then somebody else said... "Well no, Game 5".  Then they went to the whiteboard and after a while said... "It actually should be called Game 11".  Then they shortened it to "G11", then just "11".  Then one of them said something about "hex not dec" and said just call it "B".  After that they all immediately started changing the source to reflect the new name "B".  Later they said we could easily change it before shipping, so long as the new name was one byte in size.

cooltv27

Quote from: virgilw on June 09, 2015, 03:43:46 PM
Ok, I checked around the office and here's what each department came up with for the game name.

Marketing people:
"Marketyrion Lannister".  They said something about it being high on the scale of possible viral names.  That and it was something they had already been calling the game internally since Monday morning when somebody came in and thought it sounded cool.

Art Department:
They ignored me and I had to check back with them several times, but eventually one of them made a suggestion.

Product Management:
"Really Good Awesome Strategy Game, but also fun for non strategy gamers, Game 4 of N. Vol 1. Episode 1, Version 1.0.0.0.0"
They also gave me 14 i18nized versions of the name and said they should all be shown on the game's title screen.

QA:
One of them said that subtitles had previously caused a blue screen during testing of CW3.  Another said it was probably the "colon" and suggested not using a colon in the title.  Another suggested that maybe the title would be a good place for some game instructions... since it was otherwise just wasted space on the title screen.  So they suggested calling the game, "Click a Menu Button below to Start the Game".

Development:
They suggested "Game 4", then somebody said "Game 3", then somebody else said... "Well no, Game 5".  Then they went to the whiteboard and after a while said... "It actually should be called Game 11".  Then they shortened it to "G11", then just "11".  Then one of them said something about "hex not dec" and said just call it "B".  After that they all immediately started changing the source to reflect the new name "B".  Later they said we could easily change it before shipping, so long as the new name was one byte in size.
thats all well and good but... arnt you making this alone like you have the other games?
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

Taikei no Yuurei

Quote from: cooltv27 on June 09, 2015, 06:03:20 PM
Quote from: virgilw on June 09, 2015, 03:43:46 PM

Marketing people:

Art Department:

Product Management:

QA:

Development:
thats all well and good but... arnt you making this alone like you have the other games?
I think you just failed a 'spot joke' check or something.

My first guess would be a simple "whatever the dot things end up getting called Wars"

Or maybe something to reflect how you're apparently on some kind of quest throughout the galaxy to escape or destroy them.  Maybe "Galaxy Quest."

And I know stars haven't been mentioned, but you seem to be in mostly stellar space, so maybe "Stellar Wars"

Then again, with the way ships are working, you might end up crafting alot of stuff, so maybe "Stellar Craft" would work better.  Or maybe combine the Galaxy and Stellar part and go with "Galaxy of Stellar Craft"  or "Stellar Wars Galaxy"

Then again, the ships are a rather big deal... so maybe "Warship".

Michionlion

I rather like "Warship".
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

J

In CW we were playing against the creeper on a world. In CW3 a 'world' could also consist of multiple rocks in space. Since we're playing against particles on a world (using the CW3 defenition) the game should be called 'Particle World'. However "Really Good Awesome Strategy Game, but also fun for non strategy gamers, Game 4 of N. Vol 1. Episode 1, Version 1.0.0.0.0" would just be fine.

rekrab

names!!!

ok now that we have the official names.we can now vote.

voting rules:you can go of of the most picked name,you can vote as much as you want.
voting will end at the signal of virgilaw(if that ok with you) when the game is about to launch.

the names are: marketyrion lannister, Aloof Surrealdom: The Unschedulable Chronicles ,Really Good Awesome Strategy Game, but also fun for non strategy gamers, Game 4 of N. Vol 1. Episode 1, Version 1.0.0.0.0 , Click a Menu Button below to Start the Game ,B ,and from michionlion: warship!!!! so git your vote on

rekrab

I say warship and Aloof Surrealdom: The Unschedulable Chronicles

Hubs

Michionlion

I... don't think that this will end with anything, since V has final say and probably has a name in mind already.  The reason I liked "Warship" (I didn't come up with it, that was Taikei no Yuurei) was that it was simple, and yet also descriptive, and also not super cheap sounding (sorry... but it's true) like 'Creeper World'.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grayzzur

Other Bad Stuff World
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

rekrab

I LOVE WARSHIP!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler
it sounds so cool!!!!I bet it will be the name
[close]