Started by AutoPost, May 16, 2015, 08:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RrR

I found that once I had two CNs, I could
Spoiler
send one to charge the totems.
[close]

tamrin

It seems this map is little bit puzzle :D And also good job RnR for making best score so far.

mzimmer74

That was a brutal map, but also an excellent one.  A very tough beginning followed by a challenging move forward.  The only time I was frustrated was when trying to get to the island with the ore deposits.  After that, the map was smooth sailing.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Yle

Wow!  Agree with the hard start --- and the ore island.  The CRPL emitters are cruel and have a range that is devastating if not watched.  Without the tips, I wouldn't have even gotten finished.  Thanks all.

stdout

Really enjoyed this one, tamrin. Nice job.

PMouser

i dont get how to get past red emitter, it keeps killing my stuff, i dont understand the spoiler, since i cant get 2nd CN. help please
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

mzimmer74

Quote from: PMouser on May 23, 2015, 01:25:04 AM
i dont get how to get past red emitter, it keeps killing my stuff, i dont understand the spoiler, since i cant get 2nd CN. help please
If you are at the red emitter then you should have the 2nd CN since you have to go by the platform on the East side to get it.  This is one of the more difficult parts of the map as you have to "skip" the platform with the red emitter and come back to it.  What you have to do is
Spoiler

1. Make LOTS of Cannons
2. Land them on the platform to the West with the ore deposits.
2a.  If you hold "M" while moving them they stay in formation which times their landing better
3. Take out as much creeper as possible until you are about to lose cannons and send them to a safe zone.
4. Repeat 1-3 until the creeper is down quite a ways
5. Send your cannons over to the platform again but this time leave space for the 2nd CN and make sure that the cannons are set to "do not resupply"
6. As soon as there is space with no creeper, put down a nullifier and take out the AET and the emitter (don't worry if your CN is taking damage...it should survive if you've upgraded build speed enough)
7. Once you've cleared those two, it's just a matter of working your way East from there and you can take out the red emitter by putting it in one of the PZs created on the platform with the bomber tech.
7a.  Before moving East it's a good idea to nullify the purple emitter to the South of the ore platform since you can then link up the two CNs which will help with energy for the 2nd.
[close]

That is NOT an easy thing to do but it is possible.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

stdout

Great answer, mzimmer74.
Spoiler
I used mortars for the first two waves, though, and then followed with a squadron of cannons.
[close]

hbarudi

This is a very good map, the first to take me 5 hours to complete:
Spoiler

The first battle was against those phantoms that would otherwise come and put creeper on my reactors.
Once that part is done, then comes some in the void emitters where the creeper is reaching 500 and beginning to overrun that platform.
After those are taken care of, next is to reach around and clear a few more platforms, but once I reach the red emitter, there comes the problem as the colored emitters damage stuff by large amounts of health and then they die quickly, this includes all weapons.
So about 10 waves of sacrificing blasters and mortars in the ore area until I send both of my CNs there to grab that area and secure it to continue taking some more platforms.
Then comes the spot with the relay and other vital techs that should be accessible earlier in the game. Getting that platform was difficult until I moved one CN to get a collector built over next to the relay tech and the terp, finally I flattened those areas and rebuilt my network with relays.
once I got that platform the next one was equally difficult in the I had a lot of trouble nullifying stuff there, this is when I started using the berthas.
Then comes clearing out the digitalis. Now that the anti air stuff are gone, I was able to start using strafers to help with digitalis until I was able to finally power zone nullify stuff there.
Once that digitalis area is taken care of, I connected the totems and was able to finally use the forge after where most of the game is done, since there is only guppy nullifying an emitter, then a bertha shot to clear the creeper, then guppy nullify 2 more emitters, then at this point I got the relays connected and berthas clear more creeper, except inhibitor spot.
For the inhibitor, when forge is at 1000, used the ability to remove the creeper and terp a spot for nullifier, and done.
This is the longest map I played so far and takes me more time than terping the whole map in tormented space missions.
[close]

tamrin

It seems that this map is the hardest from all my maps. Every other my map was downloaded 4 times more than won, but this map was downloaded 7 times more than won. Many people wasn't able to finish it . And I can't finish my next map :D

PMouser

i cant improve any techs, i cant even grab that syphon, i tried. so no tech  and  the M key dont work at all  i tried
how to raise your tech? ty

Tyler21

Quote from: PMouser on May 30, 2015, 12:29:12 AM
i cant improve any techs, i cant even grab that syphon, i tried. so no tech  and  the M key dont work at all  i tried
how to raise your tech? ty

You can grab the syphon, although you have to rebuild it many times to gather the whole aether pack  if that red emitter is still alive. In addition, you can charge the totems, check RrR's post.

To use the formation properly select multiple units then press and hold the M key. Units will stay in formation only if the new location is suitable for them. Also make sure that the default key settings are set in the menu. Anyways, I don't think that formation is that important for this map, but it looks pretty :)
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

mzimmer74

Quote from: Tyler21 on May 30, 2015, 02:42:40 AM
To use the formation properly select multiple units then press and hold the M key. Units will stay in formation only if the new location is suitable for them. Also make sure that the default key settings are set in the menu. Anyways, I don't think that formation is that important for this map, but it looks pretty :)
Technically you don't have to use formations.  However, what I found while playing this map is that it really did help with the micro-management portion of taking over the Ore island.  By using formations, my cannons would land at basically the same time.  This allowed me to not have to individually move the cannons that landed first to keep them from being destroyed.  I suppose I could have just kept sending waves of cannons to be destroyed, but I like to try to save them.

PMouser

i cant complete the map, it keeps killing my nulifier. help please.

tamrin

Quote from: PMouser on May 30, 2015, 09:59:19 PM
i cant complete the map, it keeps killing my nulifier. help please.

You have to read the comments, it is written there.
You cant destroy special emitters in their range. You have to nullify them from power zone.