Custom Map #1983: Ticon Manufactury. By: Telanir

Started by AutoPost, April 18, 2015, 02:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1983: Ticon Manufactury

Author: Telanir
Size: 156x129

Desc:
The Sleeper Menace lurks even in the most distant reaches of the galaxy. Upon finding a manufactury for these beasts Abraxis decides to take action to remove it. Unknown to Abraxis is that this Sleeper is a special-type and is dangerous beyond any measures. Can you defeat this cunning foe, or will you be left to rot in the void? #Sleeper #CRPL #Release

Telanir

This map has a twist, the Sleeper that lurks around this planet is tied directly to the manufactury and has an increased potential for construction... this map has several key choke-points that you will want to grab before the Sleeper gets its hands on it, overwhelm it before it overwhelms you!

For those of you who enjoy this kind of map, you should head over to this post for more like it and some tips and strategy.
Want to make genius CRPL? The new top map? You can start here!

Find out more about Creeper World 3 on the wiki!

CW3, The Sleeper Menace!

Own an iOS device? Check out my game Blobivers

cecel123

I love these maps! I almost lost a few times there when the strafers started coming out to play, but luckily I am a decent turtler and had built up a ridiculous energy supply before hand....and THEN I noticed the energy pack in the center of the map. Excellent map!
"Mom, why would I do drugs when I have video games?"

strigvir

Is there some trick to the facility or is it there for flavour? I thought I had to do something with it, but it exploded the moment I destroyed the Sleeper.

Telanir

Nah it's all for flavour. :)
It's there for the lore or (story) and theoretically provided the Sleeper with extra potential for its building speed.
Want to make genius CRPL? The new top map? You can start here!

Find out more about Creeper World 3 on the wiki!

CW3, The Sleeper Menace!

Own an iOS device? Check out my game Blobivers

Katra

The Sleeper made a fatal error and moved to within sniper range of my front line.  8)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Tyler21

I was totally afraid during the whole game because I was 99% sure that the colossal terp would suddenly terraform an 50x50 area into level 1 or something similar :)
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

ljw1004

bugsniper

Nice map. I noticed that the sleeper was very aggressive in putting mortars and cannons next to the anti-creep, so I had to place 15 beams near the middle of the map to prevent them from coming to the bottom. I actually had to terp the area to make room for the beams.