Custom Map #1805: Mission 2 Cornered. By: Zeroster

Started by AutoPost, March 06, 2015, 03:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1805: Mission 2 Cornered

Author: Zeroster
Size: 129x256

Desc:
Afther D-day things where going south. soon you find yourself cornered by them. can you still survive and break trought their lines. i hope you can. a new map created just for your fun i hope you enjoy this battle against the creeper Zeroster.

Zeroster

Extra things.

i forgot to mention in the description that you need to keep an eye out for enemy traps because there are some.

watch your back thats all :)

ak

This map looks like it has a lot of cool stuff in it, but with no forge or AC control until who knows when, it also looks like a huge drag to play.  Grind city.

teknotiss

also seconded, i find maps with no forge = no fun!
some very small maps don't need it, but on huge ones it's a must  :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Zeroster

but you do have ac control pretty early (with the sprayer) and the forge is just a bit further. anyway i keep this in mind i hope you enjoyed the rest.

Zeroster

Quote from: Helper on March 07, 2015, 08:31:13 AM
Quote from: Zeroster on March 07, 2015, 07:59:34 AM
but you do have ac control pretty early (with the sprayer)
and the forge is just a bit further.

It is quite a battle (with no upgrades) to reach the Sprayer and it took about 45-50 minutes of playing time to get to the Forge.
Far and away too long for such important pieces.
Combine that with the severe limitations on Cannons and Mortars and this is one hellacious slog.

Finding out the hard way about what you call 'traps' was a very unpleasant surprise. I had a save immediately before starting the Nullifier, so could go back and build a response package - but I find it perplexing that any map maker would do such a thing.

Just now found out that you run that same 'trap' again after the next Nullifier and this has just about pegged my 'Not Fun' meter.

Usually map makers have some kind of 'Intent' when making a submission, and obviously you put a lot of time and effort into this...but I'll hog-swizzled if I can figure out what you were aiming to accomplish.
H

i can answer that. its simple, i'm aiming to find things people like but this can also be some things poeple don't like. for example these ''traps'' maybe they can be fun but not this way. but i also can understand some of these things are a big no. don't worry i just adjust my maps to make them fun but it will take some time to find balance in this.

metalsiagon

I quite liked this one, the traps kept it lively :D

Helper

Quote from: Zeroster on March 07, 2015, 08:47:11 AM
i can answer that. its simple, i'm aiming to find things people like but this can also be some things poeple don't like. for example these ''traps'' maybe they can be fun but not this way. but i also can understand some of these things are a big no. don't worry i just adjust my maps to make them fun but it will take some time to find balance in this.

Good answer!
You might want to think about posting your maps in the thread where map makers share/test with each other.
H

Zeroster

Good answer!
You might want to think about posting your maps in the thread where map makers share/test with each other.
H

hmmm that can come in handy but i never done this so how can you share your map then?

D0m0nik

Great map, good work!

Don'y worry about trying to make maps that please everyone, it is an impossible challenge. I personally loved it, traps and all, some people will hate it, that's life!

Look forward to your next map, good stuff

teknotiss

Quote from: Zeroster on March 07, 2015, 04:57:52 PM

Good answer!
H

hmmm that can come in handy but i never done this so how can you share your map then?

this forum
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?board=32.0
is where you can make a "Zeroster's Map's" thread and post any that need testing and feedback, and many players will help where they can!
happy mapping! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

pastor.healer

Goodness... 

I like to produce hard maps and often get low scores because people can't get through them.  Does that make the map a lousy map?  Only
in the eyes of the beholder. 

I found chasing after the forge both interesting and frustrating.  All it did was make me want to get rid of that creeper faster in order to
get to it. 

As well, I liked the surprises.  I learned early on to save often in this game. 

Well done from this camp!  :)

Loren Pechtel

The cannon and mortar limits aren't that big a deal, put your mortars on the wall and your cannons are enough to support the spearhead.

What I really don't understand is the 19 minute time!!

speef

I thought this was a really great map.

I also seem to have got the best time on it! =D

stdout

speef I think you must be reverse sorting the score list!  ;D